Marseille

Hello people of the internet. The worlds busiest chiptune airliner here.

Since we put out stuff regularly, I thought it would be a better idea to make on thread for continuous posting of our new releases instead of a new thread each time. If any mod (hi Didrik!) disagrees then please remove this thread.

This is new since the last time I posted here:

New vinyl by Trey Frey Including remixes by Henry Homesweet, Dubmood, Sabrepulse, Shirobon, Zabutom, Tri Angles & Roboctupus

New cassette by Dubmood containing the Soundtrack for The Sun and Moon by Daniel Linssen

New cassette by Misfitchris feat. Porshi fufu. 8 new tracks and a Live-set on the B-side.

The follow up to Hello Worlds debute EP where the Gothenburg duo further explores the genre they call post-chip. Including remixes by Zap Holmes, Zabutom & Dubmood.

Hope you like it. We will be back in about a month with two new vinyl releases. If you want more, please check out our complete catalogue on Spotify.

Last edited by Data Airlines (Apr 13, 2016 9:33 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:44 pm)

Marseille

*Starts working on a VHS release*

detroit

tapes are great. bout to cop all of these~

Earth
Feryl wrote:

Isn't putting out cassettes in 2015 kind of like putting out VHS in 2015?

Isn't putting out vinyl in 2015 like putting out Wax cylinders in the 60s? Which is to say, great and nice?

Detroit

forget about the releases lets talk about that moog mg-1

Marseille

That is not a Moog mg-1. You got 2 tries left.

Detroit

OH SHIT THAT'S A LIBERATION

Marseille

Correct!   Next question:

Detroit

I like this game!!

Marseille

Hello again internet. Here are two updates to our catalogue.

A 7" vinyl by Chipzel including a Trey Frey Remix on the B-side

A 5.25" Floppy-CD release of Trey Freys previous Tres Frais EP.

We really hope to be able to put out more great music on vinyl, cassette and CD this summer.

Last edited by Data Airlines (Apr 13, 2016 9:31 pm)

Seattle, WA
Data Airlines wrote:

Hello again internet. Here are two updates to our catalogue.

A 7" vinyl by Chipzel including a Trey Frey Remix on the B-side

Trey remix hottest track of the century

TX
breakphase wrote:
Feryl wrote:

Isn't putting out cassettes in 2015 kind of like putting out VHS in 2015?

Isn't putting out vinyl in 2015 like putting out Wax cylinders in the 60s? Which is to say, great and nice?

on a more pragmatic note, they are the cheapest format to produce, especially in small quantities

also they are punk and just generally rad, these are pragmatic concerns as well when one is talking about music and not, like, washing machine design

Last edited by Brother Android (Jun 4, 2015 8:39 pm)

Earth
Brother Android wrote:
breakphase wrote:

on a more pragmatic note, they are the cheapest format to produce, especially in small quantities

also they are punk and just generally rad, these are pragmatic concerns as well when one is talking about music and not, like, washing machine design

A lot of people prob think it's just a fun retro thing (even if it was, that would be okay), but I can appreciate the sound of a cassette tape. They sound different, and it can be enjoyable. Plus what u said.

When I was a kid I had this acid mixtape, and some sections of it would play backwards. It sounded so good..

Hey Chipzel! Dig it.

TX

yeah, I totally dig the sound of cassettes also (everything I record these days hits cassette at some point) but can accept that a lot of people don't

on topic: these releases are very well-designed, especially those Hello World cassettes

One of the best songs Chipzel ever wrote!