Abandoned on Fire
SBthree wrote:

Ok BitFlourish, I greatly appreciate your step by step, but it did not work for me. I will type out the steps I did in order to show where it stopped working for me. I am going to type out every little thing I did, just to really be clear as what I tried to do. Here is what I did:

put rom in folder
***added step*** opened terminal
***added step*** ran command: cd <folder location / name >
turn on gameboy while holding select until the rhombus boot screen appears
connect nlmidi connector to usb port and link cable
insert link cable in
run the command: nlmidi -send <rom name>.gb

at this point the terminal window returns this:

-bash: nlmidi: command not found

Is there something I need to do to get the system to recognize the command? I do get the n to appear, so I think my gameboy is all ready to

You have to make sure to use the exact name of the nlmidi program in your command line.  I think last time I ran it the version was "nlmidi04".  Just look in the unzipped folder and find the appropriate file name.

Buffalo

I got everything figured out. Below, I will detail my process, for anyone else who may find themselves with the same problem in the future. It may be also worth noting that I could not get my green USB - MIDI adaptor to work at all. Was there something wrong with these products? Or is just because of the weird alignment for the link cable end? Anyways, here are the steps I took to update my cartridge.

put rom in folder downloaded from nanoloop website
open terminal
ran command: cd <folder location / name >
---- You can drag the folder in the terminal instead of typing out the location / name ----
turn on gameboy while holding select until the rhombus boot screen appears
connect nlmidi connector to usb port and link cable
insert link cable in Gameboy
run the command: ./nlmidi02 -send <rom name>.gb
---- I found ./nlmidi02 in the readme.txt file found in the download from the nanoloop website. This may change in the future ----
hold select and press start on the gameboy
an "n" should appear under the rhombus
on the computer, hit "enter" to start the transfer
nlmidi in the command line should count up to 64/64k
when nlmidi says "done" hit start on the gameboy

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out. Hopefully this can help someone else out in the future.
Now I actually have to get good at Nanoloop.

Last edited by SBthree (Apr 28, 2015 2:22 am)

Atlanta, GA
SBthree wrote:

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out. Hopefully this can help someone else out in the future.
Now I actually have to get good at Nanoloop.

Good luck! I made a nano1 EP back in december and it's -pretty- good so I'm trying to get back to that level with nano2 since I really REALLY want it