Huntsville, AL

Just wanted to share so it's out in the world and if I falter, there can be a public shaming...with pizzas. GB's are in, Nanoloop carts are en route, and ordering arcade buttons shortly. Next step is a wood/cardboard prototype, then finally an acrylic V1.

There are six button functions still free so if anyone has ideas, please share. Oh, and if anyone can comment on circle vs square arcade buttons, I'm all ears as I haven't had time on the square ones.

California

Interested

Detroit

explain to me how this will be any more efficient than pressing a dpad and 2 buttons with my thumbs

Melbourne, Australia

If it provides a more secure and streamlined way of performing onstage I think it's worth looking at... I've seen a few 3.5 pro-sound cables pop out of DMGs on-stage during gigs. That alone would be a decent reason for something like this to be created.  I don't think it changes the way you make music thou.. DMG's are fine for that.

Last edited by BRKOUT (Apr 29, 2015 8:34 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

This is a nice project I have an idea for nanoloop. Use the pads for every steps in Nanoloop and add 2 sliders to edit the note you pressed (pitch and octave if you are in the notes and etc...)
If you cant access the dpad and buttons like start or select add it (make small buttons like the mpc !)
oh btw...Square buttons please, less chances to miss the pads...and I'm more used to these !!! (I'm a MPC user)

Huntsville, AL

BRKOUT is right. I was DJ first, then got into chip stuff. It's like a CDJ+MIDI Fighter+GBA+Nanoloop love child.

This is geared towards having multiple units running Nanoloop at the same time in a DJ setting with a mixer in between or to the side. LSDJ doesn't have L-R Trigs so some DMGs on a table  and LSDJ are probably more efficient, unless you want to poke buttons.

That being said, Nanoloop 2+ does use the trigs. So there was a need to abstract those buttons up front. Then, the buttons are all small if your doing something like Kodek's Techno workout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4BZ6nasDg

GBA problems to solve. RCA/headphone out, trigs, form factor, pressing buttons from standing position, sliding around on the table.

Is it necessary? Probably not. Fun? Oh, yeah. I just wanted to share. I'll probably be making 4 for myself and calling it quits, unless anyone else really wants one. After that it may just go into open source. I've been pricing parts, and it's not cheap.

Huntsville, AL
XyNo wrote:

This is a nice project I have an idea for nanoloop. Use the pads for every steps in Nanoloop and add 2 sliders to edit the note you pressed (pitch and octave if you are in the notes and etc...)
If you cant access the dpad and buttons like start or select add it (make small buttons like the mpc !)
oh btw...Square buttons please, less chances to miss the pads...and I'm more used to these !!! (I'm a MPC user)

I'm so glad someone else understands that 16 pad square sexiness...lol. Your idea is awesome with the pads corresponding to Nanoloops steps. Can even do that without having to do it in Nanoloop's code?

Unsubscribe

You should have the extra buttons control the tempo divisions in arduinoboy midi slave software:

LSDJ Slave Mode Midi Note Effects:

48 - C-2 Sends a Sequencer Start Command
    49 - C#2 Sends a Sequencer Stop Command
    50 - D-2 Toggles Normal Tempo
    51 - D#2 Toggles 1/2 Tempo
    52 - E-2 Toggles 1/4 Tempo
    53 - F-2 Toggles 1/8 Tempo

Chips & Dip :3

Color me interested. This looks baller. Can't wait to see a demo!

Seattle, WA

Sync button

Atlanta, GA

I'll withhold judgement until I see a demo, but I've had this same idea before and it would be interesting to see what can be done with a bigger surface for playing. following thread +1

Geneva, NY
The One Electronic wrote:

explain to me how this will be any more efficient than pressing a dpad and 2 buttons with my thumbs

Huntsville, AL
BLEO wrote:
The One Electronic wrote:

Already answered bruh

I'm kind of into the idea of this, not gonna lie, but at this point I'd rather just use ableton and a controller. smile

But I guess making a custom controller for LSDJ/Nanoloop also could make sense too (hell, animal style did it with a foot controller too)

Michigan

Very cool.
2 cents: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-MPC-60-200 … 2a4ee2d745