France

oh my god!
thanks ! this forum is very fast, wahou

Germany

wow, thanks for the diodes info! now we should be able to make it fully working big_smile

Vancouver, Wa
nitro2k01 wrote:

Needs more diodes!

Refer to the schematic here, lower left corner of the first schematic. They are needed to guarantee that the 6-wire layout works properly. It may not be obvious when using LSDj, but as soon as  you do certain 3 button combos, the DMG will detect a 4th ghost button. Consider what happens when you press say A, right and down, when the diodes are not in place. Effectively, P13 and P15 are shorted as well, and a non.existent start button press will register.

For testing this, I recomment this thing that I made which will indicate all pressed button on the screen.

I mentioned this in the tutorial lol, but yes that is the source of the issue. Using 8 diodes will fix the problem, I'll update the tut as soon as I can (ran out of diodes!)

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm)

Vancouver, Wa

*tut removed till its updated btw*

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm)

Germany

Hm, but in some games you needs to press 4 buttons at once...
Mario land 2 for example if you want to do a high jump (a+up) while running (b+right or left). So I think ill rather go with 8 diodes tongue

France

it works with tetris for me, i need to finish my arduino boy before a test with Mgb.
thanks for all at all
i have another question, if i remove the volume pot, i need to deport, wich value i need to replace? do you know a model?
log or linear?
thanks

UK, Leicester

I didn't have time to check the tutorial before it got taken down, and I understand currently there is an issue with diodes. My question is, if I was able to scavenge an NES controller socket from the console myself, would I be able to plug the NES controller into that, instead of having wires running everywhere?

Vancouver, Wa
Alpine wrote:

I didn't have time to check the tutorial before it got taken down, and I understand currently there is an issue with diodes. My question is, if I was able to scavenge an NES controller socket from the console myself, would I be able to plug the NES controller into that, instead of having wires running everywhere?

I'll get it back up soon, I've completely fixed the issue and just need to rewrite certain steps and draw up a couple new diagrams.

As to your question, the nes controller cord only has 5 wires in it and to control a DMG you need 6 =/ the nes socket has 7 pins however, so it is possible that there was an accessory that used 6 or even all 7 of them that we could salvage a cord from... If anyone has any intel on this, I'd love to hear about it too smile

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 26, 2013 7:59 am)

Vancouver, Wa

alright, here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ec2h1ub97dxvbh8

hopefully not everybody who grabs a copy plans to sell my mod and claim credit...

France

thank you for all...!

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have a question after finding this picture of the inside of an Arkanoid controller:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/download … 1212c7925a

I'm guessing that the cable in the top left is the cable which goes to the NES. I notice that it has six wires. So, could I do the mod using one of these cables with a NES pad and a NES connector by soldering some wires from the 6 active pins of the connector to the points on the Gameboy board?

Wow, just done some Ebay browsing and have discovered that Arkanoid controllers are rare and expensive. Ripping one apart just for the cable would be expensive and disrespectful of gaming history so I guess it's a non runner...

...but this cable (allegedly) has all seven pins connected!:

http://www.gametronex.com/NES-6ft-Exten … -A1020.htm

BOOM!

Melbourne, Australia

Never mind...

Last edited by uXe (Apr 12, 2015 8:52 am)

I have a question for all of those who are not electronics novices such as myself.

I want to be able to wire two Gameboys to one Nes pad with a switch to select between which Gameboy the Nes pad controls. I've done some searching and not found anything. Does such a switch even exist?

Aarhus, Denmark

A relay should be sufficient?