So I noticed those five little bars next to the song name that are sometimes filled in with blue.

How do I mess with those?

Last edited by Arc-Demon (May 12, 2015 3:49 am)

Dallas, Texas

I think those are generated based on comment and song view traffic

Seattle, WA
TylerBarnes wrote:

Pretty sure that's how it works too.

Holland
Dire Hit wrote:
TylerBarnes wrote:

Super useful. :')

Chips & Dip :3
xylo wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

Super useful. :')

I agree, but it would also be a great addition to ya know, rate it for real tongue

Alive and well in fucksville

what other way is there to rate stuff? I would say this way is pretty troll proof. If there is nothing to say about a song, it sucks. nobody really has any business downgrading another's effort. if you dont like a song dont say anything about it. what kind of troll chases someone down to tell them they suck? maybe your opinion sucks.

So let me get this straight: if I like someone's music a lot and keep listening to it, but don't care to comment (or already said what I need to say about it), then it brings the rating down? hmm

Is it a comments | views ratio?

Seattle, WA
Arc-Demon wrote:

So let me get this straight: if I like someone's music a lot and keep listening to it, but don't care to comment (or already said what I need to say about it), then it brings the rating down? hmm

Is it a comments | views ratio?

Nope, pretty sure it's just a total.

Unsubscribe

You guys have to understand that there was this old site that people got really heated about the likes on, and everyone who wasn't a dick came here, and then the old one died, so the weird rules meant to prevent the new place from becoming the old people all the sudden made less sense.

Gosford, Australia

it's also affected by people adding to favourites, iirc

the Netherlands
herr_prof wrote:

You guys have to understand that there was this old site that people got really heated about the likes on, and everyone who wasn't a dick came here, and then the old one died, so the weird rules meant to prevent the new place from becoming the old people all the sudden made less sense.

I miss 8bc

Popsicle Theory wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I miss 8bc

settle
Timbob wrote:
Popsicle Theory wrote:

I miss 8bc

RIP

Unsubscribe

Fuck it.

Alive and well in fucksville

maybe it should be a beauty pagent like mainstream music.

IL, US
Popsicle Theory wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I miss 8bc

i wouldn't say with 8bc dying that the rules and policies on chipmusic designed to keep it from turning into 8bc 2.0 "made less sense", but rather made even more sense.. 8bc was bound to burn out run that way, staff turnover there was very high as things required far more moderation and people generally responded well to contact from admins issuing warnings... chipmusic.org, on the other hand, i think only 3 of us have left? (me, low-gain and i forget who else)... sure people might miss offtopic of the top ten based on most likes, but i have to say those two features probably created 90% of the work for the moderation team during my time on 8bc staff...

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 13, 2015 2:05 pm)