Michigan
BeatScribe wrote:

poke around the rpm maker forums,I'm sure you could sign on as a composer to a good project or two. just pick one that's already well underway.

That is a really good idea! Thanks! That would be a great way to jump into the music scene here!

Chicago, IL
Princedmorn wrote:
BeatScribe wrote:

poke around the rpm maker forums,I'm sure you could sign on as a composer to a good project or two. just pick one that's already well underway.

It's a way to be involved in it without having to start designing an entire game and become a programmer, pixel artist and composer, honestly unless you're like 17 living at home, those kind of 1-man projects just for fun games rarely get finished anyways. That is a really good idea! Thanks! That would be a great way to jump into the music scene here!

Ive sort of been thinking I'd do a little pro bono for a really good game over there, just for the passion of it if I ever got time...sadly I never have had time, but then again i have to eat...

Last edited by BeatScribe (Feb 20, 2015 9:43 pm)

Michigan
BeatScribe wrote:

Ive sort of been thinking I'd do a little pro bono for a really good game over there, just for the passion of it if I ever got time...sadly I never have had time, but then again i have to eat...

I would like to first set my music on here first; have people get a feel for it. Have a portfolio of some sort before I jump into something and then become hated for my style of writing.

japan rice fields

Hi everyone! i'm jintake.
Weirdo japanese, NEET, n00b, that it.
i make chiptune and tracker music.

my weapon:
Milkytracker, OpenMPT, FastTracker, ImpulseTracker, HivelyTracker, GoatTracker, RasterMusicTracker, 0CCFamiTracker.

Last edited by jintake (Feb 22, 2015 5:57 am)

Edinburgh, Scotland

HEY GUYS, REMEMBER ME?

So I'm back after a long time of not being back, due to life's many ups and downs. Even through the hardest times I managed to keep a hold of all my chip gear (bar a duplicate cart of two I sold to some lovely people here, thank you, you got me through college).
With some heafty pressure from my Uni lecturer, I found myself back in the chip game and back here. Fate is a mysterious force.

What have a missed?

Where my local homies?

Japan

Hello everyone! I'm a student at the moment, but I enjoy listening to a bit of chiptune music.
I'm not that good at making music, but I mess around with nanoloop on android and the korg ds-10.

Hi! I'm Paltian, I'm an independent music composer from Sevilla, Spain. I've done some music projects related to chiptune, most of them are soundtrack of video games or personal projects. I love 8-bit music since I heard the amazing soundtrack of Sonic the hedgehog for Master System (by the master Yuzo Koshiro) and nowadays I love chiptune!

Atlanta, GA

Hey I'm Sudstep. Recently found out about this place from the chiptune subreddit. Been making chip music for just over a year. Recently I've done a lot of EDM style chiptunes, mostly happy hardcore and breakcore. Check me out at https://soundcloud.com/sudstep .Nice to be here, I recognize some homies from r/chiptunes and soundcloud, Hope to make some more!
Edit: I use Basic65 in FL Studio for almost all my sounds. Planning on getting a DMG for Nanoloop or LSDJ pretty soon.

Last edited by Sudstep (Mar 4, 2015 2:08 am)

Bangladesh

Hello Sudstep welcome to this forum smile

Sweden

Hello.

Hjorten here. Rather new to making chiptunes, a year or so, currently using LSDJ (but waiting for Nanoloop to arrive) on DMG.

I also make noise, dark ambient and drone, or just randomly dabble in whatever.

France

Hello you all!
I am Frostedtreeandsnowyfloor, new to Chipmusic.org (not to chip music though smile )
I once was registered on 8bc (memories), and after "that" did not join any chip music related forum nor website. Maybe I'll stumble upon some of you I met back then when I was more active. I do not only make chip music and I must admit I don't make it as often as I used to do, but I still love the particular sound of it.

I always was into music and when I was a kid, I also always was into (or playing with) my Game Boy (DMG-01, Grey, I found some picture of me playing with it circa 1992-1993, no wonder my eyes are all messed up!), I could spend hours on it, often riding my bike, finding a quiet spot and enjoying a Game Boy day outside. And yet I wondered : How do they make music that great sounding out of it? I was young and ignorant and did not have any interwebs. I had then many other consoles (I even sold my first DMG at the time, had MGB, CGB and so on) handheld or not, but always came back to the Game Boy and especially the brick (and the SP, only for gaming though).

Some tunes like Wario Blast, Nemesis, Kid Dracula, Bug's Bunny I-can-do-no-jump-castle, Wario Land, Pocket Camera (and it's DJ stuff)- Soundtracks (and many more) may explain why. Strangely at the time, I was not as attracted to our irst computer, an Amstrad CPC. Nice 3-bit palette but did not sound awesome.

When I began to make music with electronic stuff, it was with Sonic Foundry's Acid (yep, Sonic Foundry), and did a few good tracks and a whole bunch of cheesy sample based ones (which unfortunately got lost recently).
When I discovered how to make music on my Game Boy, you can guess how magical it felt. Not only I could myself make sounds, but I could use the machine I grew up with as a creation tool, and I understood the way it worked. May sound strange but it was really a good feeling. This thing has a soul I tell you. So today I have got many GBs, in a variety of colors I dreamt of when I was a child, doing music with them and ruining my eyes since 20 years ago.

I also tried other stuff like TFM, Modplug, LGPT (one of my favourites, I use it very very often), but really love LSDJ's interface the most.

I have a lot of tunes I posted years ago that I'm thinking of re-upload (if some of you want, who knows), some old-new stuff, and due to a data loss, you could even have some things 8bc I don't have anymore, especially graphics. And if you need someone to do a graphic job, just ask wink

Hope you didn't fall asleep or die while reading this long long post, and really glad to be here, looking forward to have great times here!
Hugs and Kisses, Frostedtreeandsnowyfloor!

Pittsburgh, USA

Well, I'm back, I guess. Not really. This isn't 8bc. I can't believe it took me this long to learn about this site considering 8bc has been down for years...

Anyway, I've been messing around with LSDJ for a while now. Unfortunately, all of my recordings were stored on either 8bc or a now deceased hard drive. I just recently picked up a couple cheap GBC's though, and with some fresh pro sound and frontlight kits from Kitsch, I'm ready to get back into full swing.

Brazil

Hello everyone! I am Gors (NewAgeRetroGamer), nice to meet you. I have been chiptuning and posting music videos on Youtube since 2008 - and as weird as this sounds, I never seeked for a musical community. Time to fix this, huh!

I am proficient in Famitracker (more specifically 2A03 only chiptune) and I also make songs using VGM/TFM Maker, Madtracker and Deflemask (I'm still learning this one). The reason I started making music is that I was sick of people using GXSCC (a midi converter app) to make fake NES arranges, so I decided to learn Famitracker to counter these people.

Also, I'm from Brazil and I won the 2012 Brasil Game Show chiptune compo held in São Paulo - really proud of that smile

I hope to get along with this community, it seems a really nice place for enthusiasts like me.

(Oh btw, I also make pixelart.)

Last edited by Gors (Jun 6, 2015 8:48 pm)

london, UK

hello, i'm UFO/miki! i've been making terrible 8bit music since 2011. i'm now trying to be more active in actual chiptune communities and invest more time into what i make.
i also occasionally make pixel art and i like JRPGs and rhythm games, particularly DDR/ITG.
i'm very pleased to make everyone's acquaintance!

Yo, names StarLord. Super new to making chip music, but I've been a fan of the genre for a few years now. Only recently took the dive into making music in this format. Like, two weeks tops? Probably less.

My equipment consists of a combination of the Korg DS-10 software through my 3DS and LSDJ through my DMG. I also add live instrumentation via very noisy, not bass sounding bass playing.

I'm in the process of working on an EP, but for now what I have out can be heard here:
https://soundcloud.com/starlord-17

Super nervous but super stoked to be a part of the community!

UFO wrote:

hello, i'm UFO/miki! i've been making terrible 8bit music since 2011. i'm now trying to be more active in actual chiptune communities and invest more time into what i make.
i also occasionally make pixel art and i like JRPGs and rhythm games, particularly DDR/ITG.
i'm very pleased to make everyone's acquaintance!

Hello! Newbies unite! smile