I was browsing around and couldn't find a whole lot on this, one or two threads with speculation and ideas but...has anyone somehow tied actual potentiometers into their arduinoboy to control mGB's parameters? I'd like to have kind of a self contained unit (I only use mine for playing with keyboard). Any ideas? I read one person who suggested hooking up the pots to another arduino, and having that arduino pass the midi cc data to the gameboy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Indiana

isn't that basically what the ninstrument guy's thing is?

Sure, I believe that's basically what I'd like to do. However, I'd rather not buy it...I've got a working arduinoboy, and I like building stuff

Unsubscribe

You have a bunch of unused pins on a stock arduino, so id suggest hacking arduinoboy, ditching the mode changing LEDs, boot it in MGB mod and adding some knobs and buttons as a control surface for whatever is left:

http://ericbartonfuller.com/2014/03/19/ … di-device/

Ah! Good point, I'll take a look. Thanks!

Does the mGB mode on arduinoboy accept MIDI CC data from the keyboard it is connected to? I need to crack open the code once I get home...if it does, it should be easy enough to modify it to accept the cc values from the i/o pins/pots

Unsubscribe

yea by default eh code scans the midi din input for those cc messages. You would just want to add buttons and knobs that control the same ccs in parallel. Thats all ninstrument did.