I recently tried to start experimenting with stereo effects in LSDJ, since that's half the fun, but I can't hear any of the hard panning in either of the 1/8" jacks on my DMG. I tried running the RCA stereo outs into my Fast Track pro in stereo mode and plugging the headphones into that, but I still get Mono output with "O" commands as well as instruments that are hard panned to either side. I thought I was just going crazy, so to test it I made a simple quarter note bass pattern with the panning going L-R-L-R on each beat and stereo recorded it into audacity. and it was just recording everything onto both side. I'm not sure if it's just my gameboy or if I just don't quite understand the "O" command. Is it meant to send audio ONLY the designated side or does it just send MOST of the data to that side? either way I feel like I'm not hearing a difference. Anyone have suggestions or tips?

Los Angeles, CA

It's hardpanning, so it will only send audio to one side.  You should check and see if you're recording in stereo though, and not to two mono channels.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sounds like the prosound mod was done incorrectly, bridging the two channels.

Dallas, Texas

Are you using any converters like 1/4 -> 1/8 or 1/8 -> rca?

Are you positive your aux cables are TRS stereo kinds?

Are you sure that it's not your headphone's adaptor (if you're using one)?

Did you leave the original headphone amp installed on your gameboy to confirm the stereo seperation?

So some weird stuff happened. I was playing around with it and for some reason when I send it through my dual RCA-dual 14" cable it does the stupid mono only stuff. For what ever reason i just tried plugging this little stereo1/8"- RCA adapter into the prosound 1/8"jack (with no actual RCAs connected; just the adapter) While the audio was playing through the RCA jacks at the top and somehow stereo magically happened. the best part about it is that the prosound 1/8'' jack only sends audio to the left side when you plug headphones in, but somehow it makes stereo work out of the RCA outs when you plug a random adapter into it. I would love to attach a pic but I don't do forums that often and I don't understand how lol

anyway I think the guy who prosounded this was an asshole or something

Washington, PA

Wait, how many sound outputs does your DMG have? From the sounds of it, you have two 1/8" jacks and RCA jacks. That seems a bit unnecessary.

well theres a prosound 1/8" out next to the original headphone jack which is pretty standard, and there are Stereo RCAs on the top. Idk I don't mind having a choice lol

Unsubscribe

Right but you shouldnt use any of them at the same time, youll get weirdo grounding issues unless your prosound has some electronic shielding going on. If it only works when you start combining outputs, then dude who did it did something fucky.

NC in the US of America

upload the picture to imgur.com and then post the share link with the

[img] [/img] 

things around it

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 9, 2015 11:11 pm)