Cincinnati OH

Is it just a matter of cleaning it or will I have to replace it? Can I add a pot to the headphone jack's ground to limit volume? Thanks!

Minneapolis, MN

I just spray wd40 on the volume knob.

Taichung, Taiwan

Replace the volume control knob unit on the pcb.

Montreal, Canada

You seem to think there's a reasonable reason for composing at anything less than full volume. Set it to max volume, put a drop of super glue there, fixed.

NC in the US of America

Contact cleaner might fix it. Spray some into the mechanism of the volume pot and then sweep the pot a bunch of times from max volume to min volume. With my guitar's volume pot I just have to sweep it a few times to get the scratchies out. I tried contact cleaner but the scratchiness just comes back eventually. Just sweeping it works just as well.

A light scrubbing underneath it with Isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, then blowing out with comporessed air usually does it for me.

Czech Republic

I don't think WD40 is good for clearing pots. Isopropyl alcohol. Or just google, how to clear scratchy pots.

NC in the US of America

WD40 really isn't good for cleaning pots.

Indiana
SketchMan3 wrote:

sweep the pot a bunch of times from max volume to min volume.

Chicago

Would moving the prosound mod connections to the pre-pot positions eliminate this problem? Would that just make the output stay at max volume?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
QuietMind wrote:

Would moving the prosound mod connections to the pre-pot positions eliminate this problem? Would that just make the output stay at max volume?

Yes and yes.

Abandoned on Fire

Sorry not sorry.