San Francisco
W4LKR wrote:

Dude, how rich are you!?
You sir, live in heaven.

lol not very. actually quite the opposite. Everything that I buy i get second hand from small used music shops in small towns that don't know what to do with this type of gear (the gear just sits there and they keep lowering the prices until someone picks them up) and carefully hunted internet auctions. Buying face to face also helps with eliminating shipping fees. With a little patience and a lot of self control you can get some great deals still. All of this stuff is just built up over several years. I used to buy used gear from thrift shops and sell them for cash as well to pick up extra $ or trade in for new gear. The 909 and 808 are borrowed sometimes from my band mates. We share equipment a lot.

It's all about waiting, watching, traveling, and careful curation.

Tightening that belt and saving doesnt hurt too tongue

london, UK
wedanced wrote:
W4LKR wrote:

Dude, how rich are you!?
You sir, live in heaven.

lol not very. actually quite the opposite. Everything that I buy i get second hand from small used music shops in small towns that don't know what to do with this type of gear (the gear just sits there and they keep lowering the prices until someone picks them up) and carefully hunted internet auctions. Buying face to face also helps with eliminating shipping fees. With a little patience and a lot of self control you can get some great deals still. All of this stuff is just built up over several years. I used to buy used gear from thrift shops and sell them for cash as well to pick up extra $ or trade in for new gear. The 909 and 808 are borrowed sometimes from my band mates. We share equipment a lot.

It's all about waiting, watching, traveling, and careful curation.

Tightening that belt and saving doesnt hurt too tongue

oh wow, i wish i had your level of patience

Unsubscribe

He's trying to tell you he is old.

NUMBSKULL

"IMMERSED HIMSELF IN SYNTHESIZERS AND GENERATION PROCEDURES, REDISCOVERING A FEELING OF ART AND CREATION."

San Francisco
herr_prof wrote:

He's trying to tell you he is old.

Ancient actually. I just bought life insurance and everything.

wedanced wrote:

Gear and stuff I have used and currently use.

Really incredible. And impressive.

Finland

Yes that's quite the sick collection. Very good smile

Czech Republic
wedanced wrote:

With a little patience and a lot of self control you can get some great deals still.

True. I got my best deal - Farfisa Syntorchestra (cca 1200$ today) for about 30$. Insane enough? BTW. Nice collection. Specially Moog realistic. I'd like to try this little synth.

Michigan

Appropriate cat tax too!

Joliette, QC, Canada

Moved to my new place !!! Finally have some space to do a decent setup !!! YAY !!! big_smile

Horsetralia

This has been my setup for the last three or four gigs I have done (and ironically these have been the first three or four gigs I have ever done with all SID / C64 gear):

SX-64 with Mssiah cart / sd2iec drive (SID 6581) synced manually to the C64C output
C64C (SID 8580) with Prophet cart / Aprosand cart-expander with SID Cart for external SID 6581 / sd2iec drive / Suncom Icontroller / 7" LCD screen
External FX sends - Strymon El Capistan tape delay / Shitty BOSS ME-1 guitar stomp box (for phasing fx).

metro_setup1 by tim koch, on Flickr
metro_setup by tim koch, on Flickr

ohgodno, Indiana

my live/travel gig set-up
Rhythm Scope running my own visuals, GBA SP/Nanoloop2.3&2.5 hooked up to PISSbox
hooked up to iRig Mixer, Modded DMG running Nanoloop 1.7

ohgodno, Indiana

my live/travel gig set-up
Rhythm Scope running my own visuals, GBA SP/Nanoloop2.3&2.5 hooked up to PISSbox
hooked up to iRig Mixer, Modded DMG running Nanoloop 1.7

Well, as I record all toy-synthesizers "from hand", into PC, then except tons of Casios and Yamahas in the room - even now - my usual place of work looks simply like this.

Ha-ha.

One day I will gather the toy-keyboard and make a photo of them too. wink
Would require the panoramic lens though. smile

Plantation, Florida

Famicom:
FamiTracker
TNS-HFC5 cartridge (NSF player, 2A03+Sunsoft 5B [optional])
TNS-HFX4 expansion board
-FDS RAM adapter (FDS sound source)
-Lagrange Point (VRC7)
-Moryou Senki Madara (VRC6)
-Youkai Douchuuki (Namco CUS163)
-YMZ294 (Gimmick!-compatible sound source)
-Castlevania 3 (US version, modified for MMC5 sound output)

Gameboy:
LSDj
GB classic
GB pocket (Extreme Green barely visible)
GBC (Berry)
Gamecube + GB Player (not pictured)

I have a bunch more actual games, but those aren't for chiptune-stuff. I have the PVM there because it's still a heavily-used Famicom setup, and it's also used as a second monitor. As you can probably tell, I'm also quite fond of Nyaruko.