Unsubscribe
jefftheworld wrote:

That wasn't an attack on you, dude. I was talking about the people earlier who were being dicks. You were being friendly, as far as I can tell.

If you are posting here as long as you have and are still taking anything CDK says to heart IDK.

Swansea, UK

Yeah, I've been reading James' shit since 8bc, so wasn't massively phased by the comment.

Still, way to shut down a thread, so yeah, fuck you anyway, cdk. Not for being amusingly rude, but for sabotaging my fucking post.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:46 pm)

King's Lynn, UK

On a more positive note, and a little more on topic: DNRWP - I thought your track was pretty damn fun and has possibly one of my favourite titles of any chiptrack.

Swansea, UK

Thanks, @HillyOTM - The title is from "The Coming Insurrection" by The Invisible Committee - I cannot recommend this book enough as a blueprint for the inevitable impending revolution.

On chipWIN: Admittedly, as a generally snobby person hesitant to change, I was pretty cautious about Chiptunes = WIN when it first started. I didn't like the branding or the plethora of n00bs trying to cash in with gameboy covers or endless video game remixes. But time has passed now and the only thing the chipWIN team has been guilty of is that the team really cares about the music. I've heard some really sick musicians for the first time on there, too. I was wrong and I should probably practice being open to new things more often in the future.

And of course, if you don't like the banter facebook group, just don't follow it. wink But there is a small yet very real population of people looking to that group for new music now and that's really rad to me.

Tokyo, Japan

Yep, chipWIN is definitely one of the more active, professionally ran, passionate promoters of chipmusic out there. The Facebook group is a haven for up and coming artists as well as more established producers. Oh, and pizza pictures and (formally) constant "is this chiptune?" questions.

So yeah, as an0va said, sometimes its not for all (only sometimes though) but definitely a force to be reckoned with in the current chip-landscape.

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing to do with the management or administration of chipWIN, the closest I get to that is being asked to be a judge on the compilation occasionally.