London

Hi all!

I have a Gameboy and the bottom left screwpost on the shell is broken off and is gone missing since then. So there is a small but annoying gap between the two halves of the case. It is a nicely modded one and this is the only aesthetic flaw of it.
Anyone has any experience or idea how to fix it? Ideally i would like it to sit flush as it would originally. I have an idea but first lets see if anyone has a better one.

The idea: Is it a viable idea to try to break the same screwpost off of another junk case and try to glue it to this one with a glue which is usually used for modelling? It melts the abs plastic a bit then when it dries the two pieces are bonded together. Kinda almost like welded together.

Thank you for the answers everyone very much in advance :)

Sweeeeeeden

it would be possible but you would probably find it difficult aligning it correctly and getting the right height. You're really only getting one try (unless you break off another screw post) and the adhesion may not be optimal. I have had great success using that method for putting back a post that had fallen off however, since it fit like a puzzle piece, so the glue volume was minimal and the post was perfectly aligned by itself.