New Zealand
garvalf wrote:

thank you for this app, I don't use windows so it's great to be able to backup and transfer data using my android tablet!

Happy to help :-)

Sweden

I have been using this app for a little while and it works awesome. Since I use a mac and bootcamp windows 8 this is a relief.

I was trying to backup some game saves, but that did not seem to work. I only see LSDj files. And here I was hoping to play Final Fantasy, also! Can you backup game saves?!

Thanks for a great app!

Last edited by Dip (Jul 25, 2015 2:46 pm)

New Zealand
Dip wrote:

I have been using this app for a little while and it works awesome. Since I use a mac and bootcamp windows 8 this is a relief.

I was trying to backup some game saves, but that did not seem to work. I only see LSDj files. And here I was hoping to play Final Fantasy, also! Can you backup game saves?!

Thanks for a great app!

Yea it should work fine with game as well but it won't show any detailed info on the SRAM screen. It'll just say "type: unknown"

I'll test it with Final Fantasy and see if it's doing what it's supposed to...

Do you have lsdj in one bank and a game in the other? As I don't think that will work since the EMS carts only have one SRAM that is shared by both banks.

Sweden

Well, that was what I tried to do: backup the final fantasy save before switching to lsdj on bank 0. If you save the song in lsdj it will not be messed up. Besides, the messed up ones sound pretty cool. I have a bunch of roms on bank1, but I can do with just one game rom. Lsdj I rather keep on the cart all the time.

Edit: I downloaded the sram to my phone, but when I put it back on the ems it did not work. Maybe because you always start in bank0 where I have lsdj and lsdj write over sram instantly.

***EDIT 2: By not letting bank0 load but switch directly to bank1, I can load a save from my phone. So it works, but you need to do it with timing. smile ***

Last edited by Dip (Jul 26, 2015 5:22 pm)

New Zealand
Dip wrote:

Well, that was what I tried to do: backup the final fantasy save before switching to lsdj on bank 0. If you save the song in lsdj it will not be messed up. Besides, the messed up ones sound pretty cool. I have a bunch of roms on bank1, but I can do with just one game rom. Lsdj I rather keep on the cart all the time.

Edit: I downloaded the sram to my phone, but when I put it back on the ems it did not work. Maybe because you always start in bank0 where I have lsdj and lsdj write over sram instantly.

Interesting, I'll have to try that out. It could be, as you say, to do with bank 0 loading first...

United States

Where does it store the sram files on the phone if you read the sram from the cartridge? I wanted to back up the few lsdj songs I have but I don't see the sram I told it to save to the phone.

Last edited by IceWolf (Jul 26, 2015 3:22 am)

New Zealand
IceWolf wrote:

Where does it store the sram files on the phone if you read the sram from the cartridge? I wanted to back up the few lsdj songs I have but I don't see the sram I told it to save to the phone.

The default location when you first install the app is "Downloads/ems-saves"

Hopefully that helps?

United States

It said it read the sram file from the cart but I don't see the file there.

New Zealand
IceWolf wrote:

It said it read the sram file from the cart but I don't see the file there.

Ah yeap, after reading the cart toy need to 'write to file' by tapping the ".sav" button beneath the "Write to" heading on the SRAM screen.

United States

Oh... >_<

United States

I might be better off asking this question at the retroarch forum, not sure. I successfully backed up the lsdj.sav and I renamed the file to lsdj.srm so I could mess with it on gambatte on retroarch for my phone. Gambatte doesn't like me doing that though because it basically overwrites my backup and has no songs to load. I was pretty sure .sav and .srm files were interchangeable on gambatte.