I'm planning on doing some some busking over the next 2 months. I own an amp but it needs access to a wall outlet.

I came across this (www.getyouratom.com) but it's not launched yet. Any suggestions on how I can use my amp outdoors?

PS: really don't want to buy a new portable amp because I just bought this amp recently.

UK

Wall outlets may be tricky to find in outdoor spaces.

Alternatively have you looked at battery powered amps?

That getyouratom link makes me think of those portable car battery jumpers. A lot of those have outlets on them. plus they can, you know, jump your car battery if need be. For example- http://m.harborfreight.com/12-volt-jump … 38391.html

Just be aware not to fully discharge them.

Last edited by error (Aug 4, 2015 1:56 pm)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Atom looks pretty cool! If they aren't like 5 billion dollars I might pick one up tongue

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That atom thing is just a large battery and those already exist. That's how many people, including myself, have busked in public before. There are plenty of off-the-shelf automotive batteries that have built-in inverters, or you can grab the battery and inverter separately.

The other option is to just find a few active electrical sockets around the city and hop between them.

Geneva, NY

I haven't busked with it, but I have one of these: http://www.duracellpower.com/portable-p … k-450.aspx

Unsubscribe

there are a bunch of amps with batteries. Like:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie … -amplifier

Seattle, WA

I have a roland cube street. I'm pretty happy with it.

Dallas, Texas

A not so legal way is to get a light socket plug adaptor, and find a removable lightbulb.

Dire Hit wrote:

+1 on the Roland Cube Street, it's very solid and worth the cost tbh. The extra features like the effectors and PA system is nice if you're using it for other stuff than geimuboyu musicu.

I have the Roland Micro Cube which is also excellent, long battery life and good sound!

New Albany Indiana

I've allways wondered this

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Gonna check out that rolland. I'm thinking of doing some busking soon.

Taichung, Taiwan
Dire Hit wrote:

With a Roland Cube, do you use a mixer for multiple gameboys? If you do, how do you power "portable" mixer?

TSSBAY01

that will probably be the loudest thing you can get for the size...if you're busking chiptunes, they're also lightweight.

Seattle, WA
katsumbhong wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

With a Roland Cube, do you use a mixer for multiple gameboys? If you do, how do you power "portable" mixer?

Sometimes I just use a headphone splitter backwards and be careful with my volume, but most of the time I'm only using one thing at a time.