UK

LSDJ just crashed on a Gameboy, normally resetting the device it would work as normal though this time it was weird.

Every time I press up or down, right or left  the program moves in twos in song/live mode instead of ones. This makes it nearly impossible to select certain chains I made skipping them automatically. This even occurs on song load mode which some saves are unable to be reached because it moves up and down in twos.

Tried it on different consoles to see if that would fix it though the same thing occurs. Luckily have a backup though wondered if anyone else encountered this issue before?

- Blurry quality sorry

Thanks

Tl:dr:- Gameboy crashed though permanently now moves in twos instead of ones

Last edited by CS (Aug 3, 2015 5:58 pm)

Unsubscribe

Maybe your key repeat settings got corrupted?

UK
herr_prof wrote:

Thanks, it could be that. Can't access either at the moment though will update if able to to fix it.

Wuppertal, Germany

Try to clean up your your sav-file with the LSDJ-Manager.
(https://github.com/jkotlinski/lsdmanager)

I saw you got empty songs in your songlist, that can cause glitches, specially in handling.

If there are some numbers visible in LSDJ-Manger where should be an empty song. It wasn't erased correctly and can cause problems.

Of course key delay/repeat settings could be the problem as well. (As mentioned before by herr_prof)

Last edited by Tronimal (Aug 3, 2015 7:44 pm)

UK
Tronimal wrote:

Try to clean up your your sav-file with the LSDJ-Manager.
(https://github.com/jkotlinski/lsdmanager)

I saw you got empty songs in your songlist, that can cause glitches, specially in handling.

If there are some numbers visible in LSDJ-Manger where should be an empty song. It wasn't erased correctly and can cause problems.

Of course key delay/repeat settings could be the problem as well. (As mentioned before by herr_prof)

Thanks will try that too. I didn't know that having empty songs in a songlist could also cause glitches too.

Seattle, WA
herr_prof wrote:

Sometimes I can't believe I'm still learning new things about LSDJ. Last time I felt like this it was when I learned LSDJ has a tap tempo feature.

Unsubscribe

The key repeat can also control the speed of the retrigger when you hit sel + start, so you can drill the opening loop of your song a little more rhythmically.

Did you guys know using HFF in a chain kills the chain in live mode and stops the song in song mode? big_smile

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

The key repeat can also control the speed of the retrigger when you hit sel + start, so you can drill the opening loop of your song a little more rhythmically.

Wut?  As in the the key repeat value overrides the R command value?

Seattle, WA
egr wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Wut?  As in the the key repeat value overrides the R command value?

No, when you hold select and then hold start it'll continually restart your song, and apparently the key repeat setting can control the speed of that.

Unsubscribe

Yup.

Abandoned on Fire

Ahh yeah, ok

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
Dire Hit wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Sometimes I can't believe I'm still learning new things about LSDJ. Last time I felt like this it was when I learned LSDJ has a tap tempo feature.

IT HAS A TAP TEMPO FEATURE!?!??!?!

Seattle, WA
nanode wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

Put the cursor over the tempo and hit "A" a few times.

Brooklyn NY US
Dire Hit wrote:
nanode wrote:

Put the cursor over the tempo and hit "A" a few times.

I learned this the hard way during a show.

Bit Shifter wrote:

I learned this the hard way during a show.

;-)
Do you now that you it also has a nudge feature, at least in slave mode?
(see http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/101211/#p101211)