Hi everybody! I have a problem when I connect my GB Classic (with LSDj) to any Mixer or External Sound Card, because there is a lot of noise and also the sound suddenly looses gain, some channels are more louder than others, or suddenly the gain become too loud. I don't know what is the problem, because when I use my Gameboy only with headphones connected to it, all works well. I use balanced stereo cables, so it's not a problem caused by my cables, and also my mixer hasn't got any problem.
Hope that someone could help me, thanks smile

Abandoned on Fire

Don't use balanced cables.  The game boy outputs unbalanced audio.  Using balanced cables and mixers inputs will cause phase problems.

Oh, ok! But balanced cables does support stereo signals? 'Cause I use a lot of pan-potting with LSDj. I read that unbalanced cables are only mono. Is this right?

Indiana

there aren't really "balanced" stereo trs cables. there are balanced mono TRS cables and stereo TRS cables. This doesn't sound like the problem though.

Have you just tried a new cable?

Ok. I'll try unbalanced cables. Thank you very much smile smile

Indiana
Giusv wrote:

Ok. I'll try unbalanced cables. Thank you very much smile smile

Not exactly what I meant, but yeah, try a new aux cable

What cable you think I should try?

Indiana

A stereo TRS cable is good, just try a different one than the one you are using to see if that specific cable is the problem, they can go bad pretty easily

Hi! I've tried with new TRS cables but the problem remained: the noise channel is too loud than the others, the wave channel has a too low volume and the two pulse channels suddenly come up or down during the song. But when I listen with my headphones connected to the gameboy all works well. I used new TRS cables connected to unbalanced mixer input, as you suggested, and I connected my headphones to the output. Maybe I have to use the Main Mix Output of the mixer (that is unbalanced) and connect the speakers to it, instead of listen with my headphones? I really don't know what could be the problem.. sad