I just bought a Bleep Bloop cart off some guy on a forum. He said it worked before he sent it, but now it does not seem to work. The light indicators should blink twice when plugged into a computer, and mine stay on. When I try to flash LSDj onto it, it will not load on my Gameboy. It is not the Gameboy itself that is the problem. I have flashed, erased, and reflashed many times to no avail. I also noticed there are 2 "sides" to the cart! When I don't apply pressure to the USB cable I'm presented with this:

__Cartridge Information__
Device firmware version: 3.0
FLASH manufacturer name: Unknown manufacturer
FLASH chip ID: 0xff
Game logo signature is incorrect.
Cartridge is blank, damaged or not connected.

When I do I see this:

__Cartridge Information__
Device firmware version: 3.0
FLASH manufacturer name: AMD
FLASH chip ID: 0xad
Game logo signature is incorrect.
Cartridge is blank, damaged or not connected.

What's going on here? Can someone help me??? sad

Michigan

Have you used the program before successfully? You should try setting it up in compatability and administrator modes. Then erase your cart and burn it again.

BTW, flash chip id 0xAD is the correct code you need to see.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 7, 2015 1:38 pm)

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Have you used the program before successfully?.

The closest I've gotten to a successful flash was when I flashed Mario's Picross. This was before the LEDs were stuck on. After many Gameboy reboots I finally succeeded to boot into the game, but as soon as a slightly shook the system, the game crashed.

Also, I have tried to erase the flash and ram many times just in case there was anything left and nothing worked. I've used multiple programs to no avail. Maybe it's an internal problem?

Michigan

I suspect a hardware failure as well.

Jazzmarazz wrote:

I suspect a hardware failure as well.

I heard Gameboy backlight have compatibility issues with some carts. Is this true? And if so could this be the case? I'm thinking of returning the BleepBloop and buying a Derp, but I want confirmation first.

Also, my other games like Super Mario Land 2 work like a charm.

Michigan

I meant cart failure. You are programming the cart when DISCONNECTED from the gamebay, right?

Jazzmarazz wrote:

You are programming the cart when DISCONNECTED from the gamebay, right?

Correct.

Michigan

How about sram? Can you successfully write and read it back?

There could be a problem between the ftdi or the ROM I think.

I should mention that there was a lot of boards that are sold originally for parts becusse they were warped any worked, but were still warped.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 8, 2015 8:08 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Try flashing and running this. It has a test pattern which it confirms programmatically. If it fails it will give you a  memory location. My bet is that there is a loose solder connection somewhere that contacts when you apply pressure a certain way, in which the case will fail at random locations depending on when you happen to release the pressure. But I'm ready to be surprised.

http://www.gg8.se/temp/verifyrom-16M.zip

nitro2k01 wrote:

Try flashing and running this.

The problem is my Gameboy refuses to run anything I flash! I am always presented with this:

I have inserted and removed nearly 100 times.

Last edited by Thomas643D (Sep 9, 2015 3:15 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Just to be clear about what you said above, does Super Mario Land 2 work? Or do you just mean the flashing but not playing?

Would it be possible for you to open up the cartridge an take a high res, in focus picture of the PCB? Not a iPhone pic in bad light or a point-and-shoot that won't focus...

nitro2k01 wrote:

Does Super Mario Land 2 work?

I meant the actual Super Mario Land 2 cartridge. I said that so you wouldn't think the Gameboy was faulty.

Last edited by Thomas643D (Sep 9, 2015 2:39 pm)