1. Enter 'PC Settings' and select 'Update and Security'
2. Select 'Recovery' from the sidebar
3. Under 'Advance Startup' select 'Restart Now'
4. Once you've rebooted, select 'Troubleshoot'
5. From there head into 'Advanced Options'
6. Select 'Startup Settings', you will be prompted to reboot again
7. You should be brought to Startup Settings that you can change
8. Select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' by pressing f7

You will now be able to install drivers without signatures, enabling you to easily run your EMS 64m smart card. This is worlds easier than on Windows 7, as the usual method involved software to enable test mode and write signatures. The difference here is that Windows itself brings you through all the steps and reboots.

Cheers!

EDIT: This is being performed on a 64bit system as well, and has been flashing like a dream so far

Last edited by DropMontage (Sep 17, 2015 6:23 pm)

Aarhus, Denmark

It's the same as doing it on Win8.1 then ;^)

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

I seem to be struggling with this... I followed the steps but i still can't install it... it tells me the best driver software for my device is already installed...

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

getting EM: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

If you have an android there is a transfer app that works every time.

Naptown

I wanted to throw this out there, but you can actually use this in Cygwin with the Zadig LibUSB drivers if you don't mind using the command line: http://theotherdays.net/files/ems-flasher-win32/ (instructions here)

I wrote a simple bash script to do the flashing and it works great. I'm on Win7 x64 and never was able to get the stupid drivers to install. This method has never failed though.

Michigan

Step 1. Uninstall Windows 10 tongue

Sorry, I had to.

NUMBSKULL

Well now with the whole bash on windows thing, the unix driver will work on windows. That's my preferred method of flashing it.