Hey All

New to the board and also chip music. Ive got a real noob question and hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Ive got a Gameboy with a nanoloop cart and would like to load mGB onto it. Ive had a crack following the instructions on the nanoloop site and have hit a wall. Ive downloaded the nlmidi04 file and also the mGB file but have the following problem.

When I open nlmidi it closes straight away. Ive had a look at another thread on here that mentions opening the command bat file but have no idea what this means or where to find it.

Is there a step by step guide on this board somewhere or would anyone like to take the time to walk me through it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Steve K

Michigan

Try this.
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/174584/#p174584

I only skimmed through your post and don't even have a nanoloop cart, but batch files are most often to be run from a command line. Sometimes you can drag and drop onto them, but only if they were written accordingly.

Thanks Jazzmarazz

Ive seen that post but I don't understand how to get the command.bat file they talk about. I downloaded the nlmidi file which is an exe file but I cant find any other files that support it. Im using windows if that helps.

Cheers

Steve K

Abandoned on Fire

You open a terminal window, navigate to the folder where nlmidi is, then type "nlmidi04.exe" or whatever your particular file name is. This isn't a windows program.  It's a command line tool, so double clicking etc won't work.

Last edited by egr (Sep 20, 2015 1:03 am)