Nomad's Land

The sync problem is caused by the sound loop being unbalanced, that means when drums are muted it will on average run slightly slower than normal. But you're in luck (somewhat) - I fixed this issue in trunk today, so the upcoming release will have stable timing unless drum modes 2x..4x are used.

It'll still be a while before the next version is officially released, but if you don't want to wait you can already grab the latest beta from github. Note that some fx commands are changed in the beta, see /docs on github for details.

Whateverville, California
Tronimal wrote:

Got it?

Got it! Very ingenious set of workarounds. I'm going to use this method when I get a proper stereo adapter, because why not? heart

irrlichtproject wrote:

you're in luck

Haha, perfect timing. I might have to give this beta a shot...  Looking forward to the note cut effect!

Thank you for your hard work gentlemen.

Nomad's Land

I should add a warning: The beta on github is updated frequently, and tends to be buggy. So, don't install it unless you don't mind a few unpleasant surprises here and there yikes

Buenos Aires, Argentina

WOOOOOOOOWWWW
Somewhere in eBay offices: Why TI-8x are being sold like hotcakes right now?

Congrats, irrlicht!

Świdnica, Poland

Is it possible to run it on TI-82 without problems? Somebody tells me that TI-82 has problems with running homebrew. Or, is it possible to run it on emulator?

Last edited by danthalian (Oct 15, 2015 6:25 am)

Nomad's Land

It is possible to run on TI-82 without problems, in fact HT2 is specifically targetted at that model. However, it will currently not run the 82 Parcus (OS 19.006).

For emulation, you can use the latest beta of tilem2. However, I have reports that sound support is disabled on the Windows builds - I'll try to work something out with the maintainer of tilem2 so we can offer a Win build that has sound. Other than that, there's also wabbitemu, but it's sound emulation is not very good.

EDIT: tilem2 Win32 beta build with sound: http://tilem.sourceforge.net/beta/tilem … 130325.exe

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Oct 15, 2015 9:33 am)

France

do all the TI-82 have a port for connexion? Some I see on ebay don't seem to have one, but maybe it's not located at the bottom.

Nomad's Land

If it doesn't have the link port at the bottom, it's most likely a 82 Parcus, aka piece of ****. In any case, you can always use http://www.datamath.org/ to properly identify models.

France

ah yes, some of them are by side: http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/JPEG_T … FR.htm#PCB (I also suspect this TI82 stats behaves like the Parcus)
Maybe i'll wait for a next garage sale. I'm not in a hurry, but a second TI would be convenient for having several projects (and also using rawp-ti). They are so short in memory...
I'd like also to mod them, like replacing the 2.5 shitty jack port with a 3.5 one, or adding a new one (it might not work).

Hey, I want this one in transluscent green: http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/TI-83PLUS_S0504E.htm

Last edited by garvalf (Oct 15, 2015 11:37 am)

Nomad's Land

TI-82STATS is just a different name for the TI-83. It should run ht2.83p+ion just fine. I'm testing HT2 on a 83 Parcus, which works ok.
I've seen schematics for replacing the 2.5 jack with a 3.5 one, but don't ask me where. It's definately possible though.
Also you bet, I want that translucent green one as well. They usually go for ridiculous prices on ebay though.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Oct 15, 2015 1:32 pm)

France

Irrlichtproject : the tracker has a very nice ergonomy, bigup to the CLONE function smile
I really like the hybrid Drum/FX sequencer idea too.

I think it would be nice to add a moving cursor showing playback position.

Last edited by jankenpopp (Oct 16, 2015 10:54 am)

Dallas, Texas
jankenpopp wrote:

I think it would be nice to add a moving cursor showing playback position.

Eating valuable CPU cycles. No thank you.

Nomad's Land

I agree, a playback position indicator would be nice. But indeed, it would cost a lot of CPU cycles (TI's LCD controllers are slow as f***), consequently decreasing the sound quality quite a bit.

France
irrlichtproject wrote:

I agree, a playback position indicator would be nice. But indeed, it would cost a lot of CPU cycles (TI's LCD controllers are slow as f***), consequently decreasing the sound quality quite a bit.

Maybe it doesn’t solve anything, but what if you put less pattern lines on sequence screen ? On actual screen there is 10 lines :

00 7F 7F 7F 00
01 7F 7F 7F 00
02 7F 7F 7F 00
03 7F 7F 7F 01
04 7F 00 7F 02
05 7F 01 7F 02
06 7F 02 7F 02
07 7F 03 7F 03
08 04 01 7F 04 
09 04 01 7F 04

Can you save enough CPU with just 8 lines ?

00 7F 7F 7F 00
01 7F 7F 7F 00
02 7F 7F 7F 00
03 7F 7F 7F 01
04 7F 00 7F 02
05 7F 01 7F 02
06 7F 02 7F 02
07 7F 03 7F 03

8 lines can also be a nice thing when you push ‘alpha+left’ or 'alpha + right’
jumping from 8 to 8 back and forth, make it more ergonomic, maybe.

just an idea smile

Nomad's Land

No, that would't help either. Calculating the position isn't that much of an issue, it's the actual drawing of the cursor that takes too long. After each write to the LCD controller you need to wait ~200 cycles, and you need 2 writes to print the cursor (set vert. position + send data byte).

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Oct 16, 2015 11:30 pm)

France

Thanks for your answer,
It's amazing anyway what you can do with such a low-technology !