Medina, Ohio
Ledfyr wrote:

I've had similar problems when using a usb 3 port. Switching to a usb 2 port fixed it for me. I guess you could also try to disable usb 3 in bios.

Well shit I am sorry. All I can say is I have a Win 10 x64 Partition and have no problems with either the 3.0 or 2.0 ports on my computer. I know I had to install the drivers separately for each type of port though.

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many troubles. I know it was a bitch to get working in Win 8.0 for me, and had a similar issue, but eventually one of the driver signing steps fixed it for me.

Florida

UPDATE:

I got it to work! I booted the computer up with disabled Driver Signature enforcement, went through the control panel, and updated the driver through there...like I guess it's supposed to be done. Thing is, I went back to Windows 8, then back to 10 and this was the first time trying to load the driver since switching back to Windows 10. I selected to browse for a driver myself, then bypassed all the warnings Windows gave about the drivers and such. I dunno. I got it to work.

Last edited by Sonus Silver (Dec 22, 2015 12:55 am)

UK
Sonus Silver wrote:

UPDATE:

I got it to work! I booted the computer up with disabled Driver Signature enforcement, went through the control panel, and updated the driver through there...like I guess it's supposed to be done. Thing is, I went back to Windows 8, then back to 10 and this was the first time trying to load the driver since switching back to Windows 10. I selected to browse for a driver myself, then bypassed all the warnings Windows gave about the drivers and such. I dunno. I got it to work.

This problem was a nusiance to me, too - I had to use a WIndows XP laptop to do all my SRAM backing up, etc for quite a while using an ancient old laptop.
Anyway, disabling driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 works for installing it, and it is sometimes required for using it as well, which is unusual and frustrating and seemingly random so far.
Anyone else had anything similar?