Washington, PA

I just released a 3 track single of Christmas tunes done in my usual style of layering guitars and movie samples over LSDJ tracks. Because I only did covers of public domain tunes, I thought it'd be fun to also include an LSDJ SAV for anyone else who might want to make their own Christmas jams.

https://portopak.bandcamp.com/album/a-v … -christmas

I picked two popular carols, "Jingle Bells" and "Up on the Housetop," as well as the lesser known "Wassail Song," which was one of my favorites from high school chamber choir. I couldn't work out a good guitar track for that one, so it's the straight LSDJ track.

This will ONLY be available until around midnight Dec. 26th. I'll probably bring it back (and maybe expand it) around this time next year.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Seattle, WA

It's literally November 4th.

Washington, PA
Dire Hit wrote:

It's literally November 4th.

Correct observation. I had it finished a couple weeks ago and figured if department stores already have their Christmas stuff out, why bother waiting?

NC in the US of America

Thanks for helping ring in the Thanksgiving spirit with a wonderful rendition of the Thanksgiving classic "One Horse Open Sleigh" smile

Washington, PA
SketchMan3 wrote:

Thanks for helping ring in the Thanksgiving spirit with a wonderful rendition of the Thanksgiving classic "One Horse Open Sleigh" smile

I saw this in your other posts in regards to Thanksgiving. I wasn't aware of that fact until before I decided on an early November release, but it kind of gives me a new excuse for being so early. smile

NC in the US of America

Cheers smile

This is pretty fun, actually big_smile

Idk if bandcamp's streaming compression screwed your mix or what... my ears feel like they're being hit with a wall of air :x

Washington, PA

The streaming compression on Up on the Housetop is atrocious, so that's probably the issue.

EDIT: Actually, I discovered I had uploaded the wrong masters. I reuploaded the correct masters. Thanks for alerting me!

Last edited by jmc1987 (Nov 5, 2014 6:19 am)

Washington, PA

Only one more week until this EP goes away, until it's inevitably brought back out next year, because Christmas EPs are just like your mom's Christmas decorations.

Washington, PA

Just bumping this up, because it's back for Christmas 2015! Just like last year, I'm taking it down on Dec. 26.

Washington, PA

It's that time again.

https://portopak.bandcamp.com/album/a-v … -christmas