São Paulo, Brazil

Hi there,

Not exactly the scope of cm.o, but I thought this might interest some VHS tapeheads here. I have a Youtube channel called Riviera video. It is influenced by TV Pirata (an 80's Brazilian anarchic TV show), Everything is Terrible and by my own TV mixtapes I used to do for friends in the early 90's.

Most of the content is in Portuguese, but there is also some edits based on English tapes as well.

www.tinyurl.com/rivieravideo

www.facebook.com/rivieravideo

Enjoy!

Salt Lake City, UT, USA

This is cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I think the VHS aesthetic fits well with a lot of chip and chip-related music.  My band uses it a lot (we probably over use it to be honest smile ).

Last edited by dustfilledhobo (Dec 17, 2015 1:13 am)

Whateverville, California

Been collecting VHS since I was a kid. This sort of thing pleases me greatly.

SLC

Frio mano!

São Paulo, Brazil

Thank you so much guys!

dustfilledhobo, your live video is great and so is your music.

Imaginary, which kind of tapes do you collect? I'm mostly on horror/sci-fi/action flix from the 80's and early 90's. And of course, all kind of crap for the Riviera videos.

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Thank you so much guys!

dustfilledhobo, your live video is great and so is your music.

Thanks!

smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile

All kinds of junk man! I don't really have any rules. At this point it's mostly Action, Comedy, SF and Fantasy. I used to collect 80's/90's cartoons heavily, but I sold/gave almost my entire collection to a close friend who was moving across the country. He has a young son and wanted to raise him on the good stuff. Here's a little sampler of what we've been watching lately:

Usually we'll take a box out to the shop every couple of weeks and switch it for a new set.

One of the reasons I was drawn to modding chip gear was that I already had experience working on VCRs and related electronics. (On top of working on guitars and stuff.)

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Imaginary wrote:

All kinds of junk man! I don't really have any rules. At this point it's mostly Action, Comedy, SF and Fantasy. I used to collect 80's/90's cartoons heavily, but I sold/gave almost my entire collection to a close friend who was moving across the country. He has a young son and wanted to raise him on the good stuff. Here's a little sampler of what we've been watching lately:

Usually we'll take a box out to the shop every couple of weeks and switch it for a new set.

One of the reasons I was drawn to modding chip gear was that I already had experience working on VCRs and related electronics. (On top of working on guitars and stuff.)

Sooooooooo doooooooooooope!

dustfilledhobo wrote:

Sooooooooo doooooooooooope!

Thanks dude! big_smile We do manage to have a good time don't we. As you can see we've been on a long 90's good/bad comedy nostalgia trip lately.

Like I see reflected in the Conquer Monster stuff, a lot of our formative art/music memories are all tied together through various forms of media. I can sum up eras in relation to what I was playing, watching, reading and listening to. It's interesting to have the whole picture sometimes.