Florida

Just sent an e-mail with my submission. Lemme know if you got it :3

Whateverville, California
Sonus Silver wrote:

Just sent an e-mail with my submission. Lemme know if you got it :3

Just got it. Oh my goodness, it's a banger...

nowhere in particular

Submitted!!!

Less than a week remains until our deadline, gentlefolks. Many great submissions have made it my way, but no prospective cover art as of yet. If there are no volunteers for cover art the project may take longer to release, unless the general consensus is that the art is of secondary importance to having the comp released ASAP. Since we have many voices involved, now is time to make your opinion known on this issue.
I would like to release the comp by the end of January, schedule permitting, but due to the unpredictable nature of my work it could take a bit to get everything mastered and properly arranged. Thanks again to all who have made a submission up to this point. Happy Holidays to all.

Last edited by Imaginary (Dec 26, 2015 10:29 pm)

Bonn, Germany

I guess one album cover for the whole compilation together would be enough.
Sure, it's a sweet idea to have a cover art for each song, but it's not really neccessary imo.
Besides that, i suck at creating art lol

Hope y'all had a lovely Chipmas! smile

Cover art is not required or needed for individual songs, though if you provide it, it will be included. wink I'm referring specifically to the front and/or back cover art that would be included as the "Official" art.

Florida

Hey, Imaginary, whats the theme for the comp? Like, what should an artist do for cover art? What do you have in mind? And what's the title of the comp?

Well, the only theme would be songs written in 2015 I guess. It's also kind of a collective effort, so something that (somehow?) reflects that would be cool. Not too sure about a title either. I'll probably just go with "IOUT Open Collaborative Mixtape 2015". Because as boring as that sounds, it might be better to have a descriptive title. I'm open to suggestions though.

nowhere in particular

I was bored this morning so I made this:

I'm not a graphic designer. So lets hope that inspires someone else to make something better lest we get stuck with it.

Last edited by nstory (Dec 27, 2015 3:16 pm)

nstory wrote:

lest we get stuck with it.

Haha, this is actually pretty solid man. I hear you as far as it being a placeholder though. It would be fun as an "Insert card" kind of thing for the final product, with all the credits of the entrants to the comp like you have so far.

NYC

Oh man, I'm trying for a last minute submission, but I started way too late.  I probably won't make it in time.

3ndymion wrote:

Oh man, I'm trying for a last minute submission, but I started way too late.  I probably won't make it in time.

If can, can. If no can, no can. There's always next time brother. wink

NYC
Imaginary wrote:
3ndymion wrote:

If can, can. If no can, no can. There's always next time brother. wink

Why thank you sir.  You are most generous.  smile  If I can't, I'll definitely mention you in this new song whenever I finish it since you're the one who inspired it.

Florida

Frank, my girlfriend's sister is an art student and she came up with something. I'm not sure how to post a pic, but I'm sending it to you via gmail and you can post it for all to see.

Art by NEON:

And Rachel Lundy:

Last edited by Imaginary (Jan 1, 2016 12:35 am)

nowhere in particular

Oh thank goodness.

I vote for NEON.