Hey! Not sure if anyone here has any experience with this but Im attempting to backup my Gameboy Camera save. Unfortunately, if I have the flashcart plugged into the mega memory card it refuses to get past the "Gameboy" splash screen.  If I flip the switch, it reads the flash cart just fine so I dont think its a connection issue.   Do I need a specific rom flashed on the flashcart? Thanks! 

Also hi, first post is for help. My bad. T_T

NUMBSKULL

You definitely don't need any special roms on you ems cart. If you leave the ems cart unplugged from the mega mem and boot into the mega mem does it work?

catskull wrote:

You definitely don't need any special roms on you ems cart. If you leave the ems cart unplugged from the mega mem and boot into the mega mem does it work?

Yeah, works fine without the Smart Card in it.  It also works fine with other carts plugged in too. (Wario Land / Gameboy Camera being the two I tested.)

I definitely notice a noise / hum when the smartcard is plugged in which seems a bit dire.... :S  Hum is gone, dunno.

Also of note, when I plug in the MMC + EMS into a GBA it just reboots constantly. Very odd.

Last edited by dhonk (Jan 31, 2016 12:15 am)

NUMBSKULL

Yeah that's super weird....I am using the exact same equipment you are and I don't have that issue. Maybe try super fresh alkaline batteries or a power adapter?

Damn, that sucks. I cannot get this to work. Even tried Gameboy Player. sad

I just got it to work randomly?! Dont know exactly what I did. Formatted the smart card a few times and switched banks a few times.

I DUNNO AGH THAT WAS SO FRUSTRATING.  Hey thanks for the help catskull by the way. smile

Last edited by dhonk (Jan 31, 2016 1:43 am)