New Zealand
garvalf wrote:

John GBC... ...can move and customise the GB buttons...

Oh Nice I didn't realise that! That will make things easier thanks smile

New Zealand
IceWolf wrote:

So which one is better My Oldboy or John GBC? I use a samsung galaxy s3.

I find the on-screen buttons/dpad of John GBC a bit easier on my Sony Xperia z3 Compact... but that's probably got a smaller screen than your s3.

Last edited by Shifty Pixlz (Feb 1, 2016 12:31 am)

Abandoned on Fire

It sounds like John GBC and My OldBoy are very similar. My OldBoy also has customizable layouts where you can resize and move all the controls. You can also add buttons for screenshot and over/under clocking (as toggle or switch). It's supposed to apply patches to roms if they're available but I haven't tried that aspect yet. Has some interesting link cable capabilities too (both on the same device or over wifi/bluetooth) but I've not delved into that either.

Lake Titicaca

In my humble opinion Sunvox and G-stomper (VA-beast synth-sequencer) are hands down the best music making apps for android, followed by caustic and LittleGameParkTracker on PPSSPP...knave

Bratislava, Slovakia

I prefer to work on real DMG-01, but not always i keep it in my "pocket", so i tried almost all emulators on Android (i use Lenovo A7000 with pretty big 5,5" display) and maybe that allround emulator RetroArch with Gambatte core is best, but once i ran it i was disgusted from its interface. My OldBoy is my personal favourite (some emulators even doesnt offer save state!), running LSDJ is without problems and audio is also very good (i tested side-to-side comparision almost every aspect of sound).

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 4, 2016 1:20 pm)

Earth

I don't have a ton of experience with Android, but Mobile Nanoloop has really grown on me.

The Forest, WA

Nanoloop for android and ios is only 3.99 on google play  or apple store thing . Def worth it I'd you want pulse width and FM synthesis and samples and 8 channels smile

Bratislava, Slovakia

I purchased nanoloop iOS version long time ago, but never used it because of lack of commands and realtime automation recording while modifying sliders, lsdj in that area is much deeper.

http://madcatz.com/gamesmart-c-t-r-l-r/
Btw this controller is marvelous, right now i mapped lsdj in myoldboy and also some games in john snes (in lsdj i replaced select button to x because of better layout and it is really quick control of everything)

Joliette, QC, Canada

MILKYTRACKER
SUNVOX
NANOLOOP

Joliette, QC, Canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

In my humble opinion Sunvox and G-stomper (VA-beast synth-sequencer) are hands down the best music making apps for android, followed by caustic and LittleGameParkTracker on PPSSPP...knave

G-Stomper rocks !!!

France

hey Atari man, don't you use some maxYMiser or musicmon on the go? It should be possible with Hataridroid and a bluetooth keyboard...

Joliette, QC, Canada
garvalf wrote:

hey Atari man, don't you use some maxYMiser or musicmon on the go? It should be possible with Hataridroid and a bluetooth keyboard...

I totally forgot about that YESSS you can totally use Hataroid to track on Android ! It works really fine since it is an android version of Hatari !!!

Earth
martin_demsky wrote:

I purchased nanoloop iOS version long time ago, but never used it because of lack of commands and realtime automation recording while modifying sliders, lsdj in that area is much deeper.

That's a legit criticism of older versions of Nanoloop, but the current version allows per-step automation for each parameter. It's more like nanoloop for gameboy. It doesn't record sliders, but you can have a lot of control over variations.

Granted LSDJ is the most flexible, but the FM sounds, and samples in the nanoloop app are very nice.

Last edited by breakphase (Oct 9, 2016 7:18 pm)

The Forest, WA
garvalf wrote:

XyNo zee ATARI man !