France

Hi,

Have you ever tryed to sync the akai rhythm wolf to lsdj? Rhythm wolf have a cv gate in and out. I tryed it but LSDJ dont start in good time and it's very difficult to make it correctly. With nanoloop it works like a charm. And with LSDJ + monotribe it work like a charm too. Is there a way to make it work with akai rhythm wolf? I know i can do this : rhythm wolf --> monotribe --> LSDJ but I should prefer make it directly rhythm wolf to LSDJ...

Good eevening

France

up

Nobody has an idea? Maybe it's because of the difference beetwin cv gate and sync (if there is one)? But if it work good with nanoloop it should work with lsdj too not?

Last edited by Maz'Hoot (Feb 1, 2016 5:57 pm)

france

Hi Maz,

For me there is difference between cv, gate and sync signal. Bit i'm not an expert at all in this area.

From wikipedia
CV (Control Voltage) indicates which note (event) to play: a different voltage for each key pressed; those voltages are typically connected to one or more oscillators, thus producing the different pitches required. Note that such a method implies that the synthesizer is monophonic. CV can also control parameters such as rate, depth or duration of a control modules.

Gate (sometimes called Trigger) indicates when a note should start, a pulse that is used to trigger an event, typically an ADSR envelope. In the case of triggering a drum machine, a clock signal or LFO square wave could be employed to signal the next beat (or rest).

And from me.
Signal is a clock sent, each pulse will increment a counter and when the counter overflow it will trig the next step in the sequencer. Don't know how many pulse are needed...

So there is a real difference between each. But yes if nanoloop can sync, lsdj "may" be able to do.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Feb 1, 2016 10:07 pm)