New York City

Well all the pics are gone thanks to them being hosted at 8bitcollective.
Anybody saved a copy of the photos of the procedure to get a GBA SP prosounded?
I been fiddling around and I found points in the motherboard where I can get a decent output (they are kinda clearly labeled around the amp circuit), but it's still tied to the pot so I assume it's not prosounded. It doesn't sound very loud either.

I also have no clue how you could fit a 3.5" minijack in there, even less an arduino, so I'd love to see NEX's original pictures.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I've also been curious. I've seen other guides on adding a jack but not prosounding it. Sp adapters are in short supply nowadays so I might be doing this to all of mine.

vancouver, canada

I, too, am curious - not only for noise reduction, but also mainly because i'm sick of buying GBASP headphone adapters.  i've gone through 3 of them already and i don't have nimble enough chops to fix 'em.

New York City

Well I can help you with that.
Don't make fun of how butchered the PCB is, I was experimenting for all our sakes (clicky for large image):

I feel like using these pads is much easier than getting the lines from the EXT2 port where the pads are closer together and soldering is a bitch (I know I tried). In any case all these components are small, so use thin solder, thin cables, patience and a steady pulse.

By the way, this is an AGB-100 motherboard. Perhaps the AGB-101 has a different layout. I don't know. But the pads are clearly marked as FL2 and FR2, so look for that (and the amp) on your circuit board.

You could at least get a breakout headphone plug with this method. The speaker will remain on when you plug this, though, although I was thinking that maybe if you connect the headphone detect pin of the EXT.2 port to either L or R on the minijack plug you add, it could work shorting it to ground when a headphone is connected (anyone with a lot more experience in electronics than me, can correct me because I probably am saying nonsense).

In any case, as I said, this is not a pro-sound mod, I couldn't skip the amp (if this skips it, I didn't notice it, didn't seem loud enough to me) and the volume pot is still connected to whatever plug you put there.

Waiting for NeX's pictures, to be honest. I spent all this afternoon fighting with this GBA SP.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Oct 19, 2012 12:16 am)

Poland, Gdansk

From what I read here and seen on your picture I think you should try amplifier pins 7 & 8 for audio. Those labeled LIN & RIN duh

Sweden

I'm trying to put in a jack myself but the pics on the first page ain't showing so i can't make heads or tails on this hmm i have the pinouts and everything ready to go i just need some theoretical input on where to put the jack. I'm using a jack from the 3DS btw as it is a bit smaller than the one on the pocket and GBC.

Milan, Italy

here the old nex pic!

Sweden

awesome! thanks big_smile

Tokyo, Japan

Could do with another one of these. Is anyone still offering this service?

Madison, Alabama
cheapshot wrote:

Could do with another one of these. Is anyone still offering this service?

Per our convo yesterday, I came here looking for the same thing XD

NUMBSKULL

What exactly are you wanting? Someone to mod your gameboy, or someone to sell you a pre modded gameboy?

Madison, Alabama
catskull wrote:

What exactly are you wanting? Someone to mod your gameboy, or someone to sell you a pre modded gameboy?

Either/both?

I have an SP and I have a headphone adapter, but it's terribly noisy and not suitable for recording or live use.

Taichung, Taiwan

Could pick up something like this. Found it at a vintage gaming store in Taiwan.