Solar System

Today Olimex posted first pictures and early specs for their 5x5cm small SBC computer.

PICTURES

SPECS
    5x5cm PCB (1.9x1.9inches)
    H3 quad core Cortex-A7 processor
    512MB of DDR3 RAM
    2x USB hosts for mouse and keyboard
    Ethernet 100Mb interface
    HDMI Full HD output
    4 buttons
    micro SD card
    UART console
    USB-OTG which also is used to power the board
    4 mount holes
    2x 40 pin connectors (optional) which carry lot of GPIOs

OS
Android
Linux

So ideal for Linux / Android trackers or for VJing as it can do 4K video! And yes you will be able put it into your pocket with your Gameboy!

LINK
https://olimex.wordpress.com/2016/02/03 … ment-21683

NUMBSKULL

My experience with Chinese Allwinner based SBC's has been not good. Stick with a Pi or Beaglebone. Even something well done like the CHIP has been not very great, and that's about as good as the ecosystem can get.

IL, US

4k video sounds neat until you remember that almost no venues have the equipment to project 4k.... or that from where the crowd is viewing the visuals they probably couldn't even notice a difference between 480p and 720p or 1080p

Solar System

My experience with Allwinner was positive. I had Rikomagic PC in USB stick. There was like 5x Linuxes and was usable with just one core... All depends on Linux distribution and drivers... We will see. But what I like is size. Well I own 2x Pi and I like it and I want Pi Zero but I cant found it in my country... Anyways. H3-Nano looks like nice alternative...