Mt. Sustenance, Meat Planet

First time going to South By this year, and I don't know what to expect or where to find anything, so I'll mostly be playing it by ear. However, it'd sure be rad to gather some info on what's goin down before I get there. Anyone attending, playing, or know where to find any chiptune during the week (March 13th - 20th)?

I found one meetup, but it turns out it was three years ago. I then found one artist that mentions chiptune once in his description, but that's it. So I figured you guys might know a thing or two.

Detroit, Michigan

I wish I could go, there is usually a day long bbq house show in Austin that I played last year called Square by SquareWave.
Also go to Donut Taco Palace 3

Unsubscribe

M E N E O is playing
http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_MS34707

settle

Scout out parking ahead of time if possible (if you're driving in). It can be a nightmare to get anywhere around the venues.

snesei wrote:

I wish I could go, there is usually a day long bbq house show in Austin that I played last year called Square by SquareWave.
Also go to Donut Taco Palace 3

Man, it seems Square by Squarewave isn't happening this year hmm

I'll definitely visit Donut Taco Palace III, though; seems mad rad!

herr_prof wrote:

M E N E O is playing
http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_MS34707

Yeah, that's the guy that I found on SXSW's website, but it looks like he doesn't focus all that much on chiptune. I'll probably check him out anyhow, considering I don't really know much about him to begin with --could be really interesting!

djhaka wrote:

Scout out parking ahead of time if possible (if you're driving in). It can be a nightmare to get anywhere around the venues.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm travelling by car, so I should probably maintain some foresight in respect to transportation and all that jazz once I get there.

Unsubscribe

Trust me, even if he plays zero chip it will be a great set.

Austin, TX
cyancoloneels wrote:

It's happening, they're organizing it right now.

HimsyPimsy wrote:
cyancoloneels wrote:

Splendid! Thanks, man! Anywhere I could go for more info?

Austin, TX
cyancoloneels wrote:
HimsyPimsy wrote:

Splendid! Thanks, man! Anywhere I could go for more info?

Nothing official yet.  Stay tuned!

Detroit

TXChip is organizing an event, I'll be there to play. A date's been set but I can't really speak about specifics. smile

The One Electronic wrote:

TXChip is organizing an event, I'll be there to play. A date's been set but I can't really speak about specifics. smile

Radness! I'll keep an eye out for details and if it falls within the time I'm in the area I'll swing by.

settle
cyancoloneels wrote:
The One Electronic wrote:

Radness! I'll keep an eye out for details and if it falls within the time I'm in the area I'll swing by.

Snap maybe _I_ need to swing by! big_smile