A ti-82 and all the necessaries is going to be the christmas present I give to myself this year smile
I'll let you know my findings when everything arrives etc.

Wuppertal, Germany

Recorded one of my calculator songs today.
Won't upload it to the music section here, because i can't select the CC-BY license - here on chipmusic.

This song was originally made for the deadline demoszene event, where irrlicht project introduced Houston Tracker 2 for the first time to public.

https://soundcloud.com/tronimal/otaku-calculator

Lake Titicaca

Does houston tracker have true BPM, or framerate based speed?

Nomad's Land

@Tronimal: Yes, awesome!

@JaffaCakeMexica: Something similar to framerate based speed. No true BPM, in any case. I'm thinking about how to implement more fine-grained speed control, but it's unlikely to happen very soon.

Glasgow, Scotland.

This is amazing. Going to need to pick up one of the calculators on eBay and try it out. Nice work!

One thing... http://irrlichtproject.de/houston seems to be down (along with the docs D:). Is that just a temporary issue?

Nomad's Land

Yes, some temporary issues, hope the site will be back up in a few days.

In the meantime, you can grab HT2 and the manual here: https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker … p?raw=true

Version 2.1 is coming very soon, btw wink

Glasgow, Scotland.

Thanks!

I definitely shouldn't buy anything else this month, but the draw of making music on a calculator is just too strong...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Thanks!

I definitely shouldn't buy anything else this month, but the draw of making music on a calculator is just too strong...

Check your local craigslist listings, you should be able to find older models for next to nothing. Don't pay a ton for a brand new model.

Unsubscribe

I got a French one for super cheap on eBay!

Glasgow, Scotland.
herr_prof wrote:

Nice!

My American wife informs me that these models were pretty common in the US. We never used them in the UK (at least nobody I know claims to remember them), which explains why they are so much cheaper on the US eBay. They're running for like 15GBP+ at the mo, which isn't too terrible. The USB cable is the most expensive part.

Whateverville, California
irrlichtproject wrote:

Version 2.1 is coming very soon, btw wink

Looking forward to this very much...

Nomad's Land
herr_prof wrote:

Which one did you get? 82STATS.fr by any chance? If so, is HT2 working ok on that? It should in theory because the 82STATS is just a rebranded 83, but nobody has tried it yet I think.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Feb 12, 2016 10:01 pm)

Italy
irrlichtproject wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Which one did you get? 82STATS.fr by any chance? If so, is HT2 working ok on that? It should in theory because the 82STATS is just a rebranded 83, but nobody has tried it yet I think.

I'm using a TI82 stats fr. and it works just fine. Also, it havent crashed yet until last time we talked on 1-bit forum tongue
I've made a lot of tracks already, i just need to make a decent mastering.

Nomad's Land

Good news everyone, version 2.10 is here! Several new effects, improved keyhandling, and of course various bugfixes were implemented. For full details, check the original post in this thread.

download HT v2.10
new demo tune

@Overcesium: Glad to hear that wink

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Feb 19, 2016 3:04 pm)

Nomad's Land

Lil' vid with more info on some of the new features:

Great thanks!
It's great to see what can be achieved!
Will try it asap

Last edited by cyberic (Feb 23, 2016 9:16 pm)