IL, US

In December 2015, the four of us who ran Datathrash (Arnie/Abandoned on Fire, Chad/Optimus Chad, Kevin/d_strct/e.s.c., & Michael/Nestrogen) decided after some discussion that the label had run it's course and it was time to shut things down so we could all focus on our own projects. We knew some people would miss the label, but we were a little surprised by exactly how many people we had touched with the label and who reached out to us with farewell messages even going to the point where a group of artists simply wouldn't let us go out quietly and took it upon themselves to organize a compilation in memoriam of Datathrash. Thanks to SuperBustySamuraiMonkey for organizing this compilation of tracks and to all the artists who contributed, we are happy to now share them all with you. All good things must end someday, and we're truly honored to know that our work was appreciated by so many people. Thanks for making sure that the spirit of Datathrash can live on through music, even though the label itself has ended. Keep music evil. - Kevin

download here

Madriz, Supain

Im going to fucking cry... RIVERS OF BLOOD

Utah

I'm so excited to listen to all of this!

Tennessee

heart

England

cool glad my AoF remix found a home :)

Edinburgh

Thank you Datathrash. Sleep well  heart

South Korea

Well done people!!! This is a fitting swansong for the greatest chipthrashfuckyoucore netlabel. Thanks and farewell Datathrash.

Berlin

YEAH!! great!
thanks SuperBustySamuraiMonkey and e.s.c.!
Great job!

I wonted Kool skull, Shitbird and Nestrogen on it olso.. but.. dunno maybe they had probs to contribute..

ALL THE BEST AND LONG LIFE TO THE DIVERSITY!!

IL, US

i did very little besides write the blurb and upload to bandcamp, so im not really deserving of any thanks wink
all the real work was SuperBustySamuraiMonkey

Madriz, Supain

I just made a thread. It was Datathrash who inspired us all.
Im so proud our 7" has your logo.

Abandoned on Fire

It's really late and I'm feeling kinda wistful and this seems like the best place to shitpost about feels and stuff.

For no good reason, Datathrash Recordings (and Datathrash the tumblr before that) got wonderful support right off the bat. When I started it I was still just discovering what chipmusic and lofi hardcore was and could be and I was so freaking excited about it! Of course the timing was somehow perfect what with Timeheater coming out of retirement and the triforce of Wizwars, Kool Skull, and Shitbird all kinda exploding at the same time. That initial momentum, like a Big Bang, carried Datathrash along for quite a while. And then my ultimate dream/goal started happening: all these artists that I loved so much began creating a second generation AND bringing lesser known and non-scene artists out of the woodwork. Whether you wanted to call it "chipthrash" or whatever there now seemed to be a whole slew of lofi hardcore and experimental artists in the spotlight (well at least out little spotlight). Me and Chad had all we could handle with figuring out how to coordinate with people and get the word out and do it in a not stupid as fuck way. Sometimes we did a better job than others. tongue When Kevin and Michael joined us we had a killer staff that really got a lot of cool shit done (ya'll really should have bought that DVD that Kevin put together, it's super cool) even while we jabbered and argued and made obscene dick jokes behind the scenes. We just wore ourselves out trying to figure out how to keep growing and being a better resource for the artists that we liked to the point that we began to not be much help to anyone. I'm not sad about it. Trying hard to make something worthwhile is good way to burn out. I have no idea how we could have done things any differently.

I love ya'll. Thanks for loving us. heart
-egr aka AoF aka Datathrash Arnie

Thanks for the good times. The best times. I would've never left the shire, otherwise.