Planet Zaxxon

Has anyone got the samples to playback? It just seems to be outputting no sound in the sample channel. And I'm just using his provided kits for now. Maybe I'm missing a shortcut key or something? In this youtube vid, it seems like it should just play instantly as you select the samples as an instrument. But I get no sound, any suggestions??

Planet Zaxxon

I know in the early versions, the sample channels were just dummy channels, but I assume v1.1.1 is the latest now? It says 3.0 has usable sample channels, but only 1.1.1 is available for download. I take it thats not meaning version 1, since you couldn't even save in that version, but in 1.1.1 you can. I am confused on what version is what! heh.

Hi there,

The last version is the 1.1.1 : sorry about the confusion around a 3rd version ^^
Concerning your sample, it's weird ... could you please try to resend your mp3/sound file ? Is it bigger ? (how much ?) Do you use any special encoder to make it ?

See ya !

Last edited by Spintronic (Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm)

Planet Zaxxon

Hey!! Love the program !!!! smile

I have been just using your kits in the included rom, I haven't tried importing my own kits yet. It just doesn't seem to playback. I guess I should have mentioned though, I am using an emulator on a windows pc for now, "NO$GBA." Maybe that could be the issue? I am still waiting for my flash cart to arrive in the mail.

Spintronic wrote:

Hi there,

The last version is the 1.1.1 : sorry about the confusion around a 3rd version ^^
Concerning your sample, it's weird ... could you please try to resend your mp3/sound file ? Is it bigger ? (how much ?) Do you use any special encoder to make it ?

See ya !

Planet Zaxxon

Ok Yes it was the emulator this whole time!!! I just tried 1.1.1 on the visualboyadvance emulator and it plays back samples perfectly, sorry about all that! That was my fault.

I look extremely forward to newer and updated versions!!!! smile

Hum this is weird the best emulator doesn't run the samples :S
I have to look into this issue as soon as possible ...

Enjoy ! I currently work as hard as I can on the synthFM (but it's really bainfucking for me so don't expect it quickly ^^U). Feel free to report bugs or features request if you wish so.

See ya

Last edited by Spintronic (Mar 1, 2016 10:35 am)

Planet Zaxxon

Oh yea? What is this synthFM you speak of???

But yes I look forward to when FAT has vibrato, arp, portamento and pitch slides. that's all I need. smile smile smile

Just discovering this thread now and wow Spintronic, you rock big_smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Anyone ever use something like this? I wonder how appropriate it would be for use with FAT.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E … em_1p_0_ti

Italy

Hi guys, just downloaded the FAT and it works great on ez flash iv. As a noob in the tracker world, I got a doubt: since there is no english user manual, are the commands and instrument-programming values the same as LSDJ (as it has a lots of guides)? Thanks

East Coast USA
jefftheworld wrote:

Anyone ever use something like this? I wonder how appropriate it would be for use with FAT.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E … em_1p_0_ti

This thing is a clone console that parasites off the SNES for power and controller input. All the sound comes direct out of the adapter with the cable pictured. It might be kind of cool for mods like the ones done to the Super Gameboy

NES GB land
Warez Waldo wrote:

I know in the early versions, the sample channels were just dummy channels, but I assume v1.1.1 is the latest now? It says 3.0 has usable sample channels, but only 1.1.1 is available for download. I take it thats not meaning version 1, since you couldn't even save in that version, but in 1.1.1 you can. I am confused on what version is what! heh.

I ment to say version 0.3.0 was the first version with sample support. I'm glad to see that someone looked at my article :-).

Okay, so how would one go about downloading the rom? The website appears to be broken here in 2021, and I'm nowhere near adept enough to compile or do anything with the code on the github. I was just hoping to find a copy of the .gba file.

FroliciousYo wrote:

Okay, so how would one go about downloading the rom? The website appears to be broken here in 2021, and I'm nowhere near adept enough to compile or do anything with the code on the github. I was just hoping to find a copy of the .gba file.

UPDATE: I've used the Wayback Machine to download a copy of the standard, 'empty', and build versions of the ROM. I went back to January 17, 2020. I haven't looked into it yet, but how would I go about using the 'build' ROM to add my own samples?