detroit

really hoping marc or someone who's in contact with him will see this.

anywho I'll cut to the chase. i would reallllllly love a SOLO command. SOLO xxyy where xxbb simply acts as an on/off and aayy controls how long the sample is solo'd.

this will free up phrases used during the duplication process to program a few samples being solo'd at once. it will also make my life (and hopefully yours) much easier while pigging.

thx

Unsubscribe

What's wrong with kills and vols.

detroit

it's eating up too many phrases. if i could duplicate 3 phrases instead of 5 just to provide a 3 channel solo that would be really nice.

edit: numbers

Last edited by barbeque (Apr 5, 2016 4:39 am)

Geneva, NY
barbeque wrote:

it's eating up too many phrases

Make one phrase/chain with one KILL or VOLM 0000, stick it on all the channels you want "muted." I can't see how a SOLO command would be any more efficient than that.

I can tell you your chances of getting a solo command are pretty close to 0. I would say absolute zero, but I could see some scenario where you pay Marc like $500 and he does it.

detroit
BLEO wrote:
barbeque wrote:

it's eating up too many phrases

Make one phrase/chain with one KILL or VOLM 0000, stick it on all the channels you want "muted." I can't see how a SOLO command would be any more efficient than that.

I can tell you your chances of getting a solo command are pretty close to 0. I would say absolute zero, but I could see some scenario where you pay Marc like $500 and he does it.

a boy can dream. the idea behind this is that i want quick solos on multiple channels. i dont want the whole phrase to be muted the duration of playback, but just for a brief moment. for dramatic vocal stabs and percussion hits.

detroit

also, is the piggy source code available anywhere ? or is that a locked up sacred thing ? im sure i could get this sorted out on my own dime and time.

Geneva, NY

https://github.com/Mdashdotdashn/LittleGPTracker

detroit

thanks, bleo :^ )

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

When I started pigging 10 years ago and the development was still active, I asked Marc about automating mutes/solo with commands. Marc said he didn't see the point and I wasn't able to convincingly explain it to him because, to be honest, there isn't one wink

10 years in and I can't remember a single occurrence of me thinking "damn I wish I could automate those"

what you are describing can be done easily with KILL and VOLM as bleo pointed out.

Keep in mind that the soloing isn't hapening at zero crossings, and is thus clicky as fuck to start with.

finally, regarding " if i could duplicate 3 phrases instead of 5 just to provide a 3 channel solo" I cannot fathom what you are talking about but remember: less is more ;P

Unsubscribe

Also if you do a VOLM 0000 without a kill the sound IS STILL PLAYING UNTIL ANY OTHER NOTE IS PLAYED ON THAT CHANNEL. So you can just bring the VOLM back up once the solo is done  playing for pads or drones or whatever.