How is everyone?

I'm just wondering if there are any fellow bassheads or car audio junkies around here? I also wonder just how outrageous an idea it is to want to do chiptune geared towards banging one's system. Growing up, even well before I was old enough to drive, I used to accumulate electronic music in the form of what people used to call "bass tapes" (examples being Beat Dominator, Techmaster P.E.B, DJ Magic Mike, etc etc.) I honestly had a shoebox full by the time I was 12. Serious boom has always been a passion and the varied styles of electronic music that comprised all these albums has always been a very strong if not forefront influence.

I have attempted to mix that with chiptune. My Atari 2600 tunes for example, often focused on some amped up low end and it sounds awesome to me in my own setup. It has been a little more challenging to get that sort of boom out of the Gameboy but I have a few tunes in my roster that likewise hit surprisingly low and well (my tunes "Ultrabass'd", "Sexy MF'n Binary" and "Pixelated B-Boy" are my best examples.)

What do you guys think? Does chip music have any place in the world of electronic music oriented towards bass junkies?

Detroit

There's plenty of peeps out there making bass music with chip gear.  I highly recommend checking out Monodeer. 8^)

United States

techmaster peb and bass 305 are big influences of mine. love them.
lots of that made its way into this album I've been working on.

@The One; I do wish there more. I have 15s in my own vehicle, and its so enjoyable to find 8-bit stuff that actually hits either hard or low. As for the guy you mentioned, I'll dig in when I get home from work.

@Boner; heck yeah. PEB's electro style, huge. Bass 305 was pretty amazing too. If you like those fellas, I might suggest digging up some stuff by the slightly lesser known UBM (Underground Bass Masters) Similar stuff.
By the way, if what you're working on shares any commonality with those guys, keep me appraised, looking forward to checking it out.

Michigan

Im all about the treble. Getting a good balance between bass and treble is the tough part.

Well guys, just for the fun of it I made one of those craptastic cellphone vids for YouTube of my sub beating in the back of my Jeep...but playing directly off my Gameboy. If anything, I can only say someone had to do it, and if you watch, it IS 7 minutes of your life you won't get back.

https://youtu.be/wvPrZjOGYcQ

IL, US

i never made anything that's really "bass music", but a lot of stuff i did as e.s.c. from 2010 on tended to be very heavy on the bass... i played some gigs where the bass from my tracks shook some of the gear off my table

e.s.c. wrote:

i never made anything that's really "bass music", but a lot of stuff i did as e.s.c. from 2010 on tended to be very heavy on the bass... i played some gigs where the bass from my tracks shook some of the gear off my table

I respect that good sir smile I would even say that's awesome but then I'd feel like a prick if you had managed to damage any of your gear in the process.