Would anyone know of any table tricks or combination of commands that might somehow give me a lower bass note from the pulse channel? That C3 at the bottom with a 50% modulation makes the sound I want for a tune I'm working on, but I'd love to make that sound/note a little lower. Ideas?

Atlanta, GA

that's as low as you can go without using a clock mod

Melbourne, Australia

You could always draw a square wave in the wave channel

sweden
clairenb wrote:

You could always draw a square wave in the wave channel

+1

Thank you folks.
Yeah, that would be possible except my wav channel is loaded up with other crapola.

Basically, I could 2xlsdj this but this is the last tune in line for a formal CD release on an otherwise fully 1xlsdj album so I'd kind of rather not.

My DMGs don't have a clock mod so I suppose it's either accept as is or engage in a little waveform trickery and record this pulse channel bassline seperately at a higher tempo then adjust back accordingly in dear ol' Audacity thereby faking the effect of a clock mod. Ah chip music, nothin' like it.

bitpusher2600 wrote:

Thank you folks.
Yeah, that would be possible except my wav channel is loaded up with other crapola.

Basically, I could 2xlsdj this but this is the last tune in line for a formal CD release on an otherwise fully 1xlsdj album so I'd kind of rather not.

My DMGs don't have a clock mod so I suppose it's either accept as is or engage in a little waveform trickery and record this pulse channel bassline seperately at a higher tempo then adjust back accordingly in dear ol' Audacity thereby faking the effect of a clock mod. Ah chip music, nothin' like it.

Or perhaps transpose your whole song up enough semitones to where your lowest note appears at the lowest possible register.

Then simply time-stretch your whole track back down to the intended key.

A little less cheating than your other idea.

Then other idea is to have someone with a clock mod record playback through their DMG. And then send the raw recording to you.

Just my thoughts.

@Marcb0t; that is genius yet so simple, I'm almost disappointed in myself for not thinking of that. Easier fix smile The crap we can go thru to achieve a sound we want, geez.

On the other point, I'm too stubborn or pseudo-prideful to have someone else record my audio haha.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion, that's likely what I'm going to do smile

NC in the US of America

Lots of people throw on a 2xlsdj track on an otherwise 1x album, and vice versa. Just throwing that out there. Also, collabing/being helped is nice cuz u can put special thanks in your liner notes. tongue

Funny, I would think time stretching 4 channels of lsdj would = more cheating than virtually running one channel through a virtual pitch pedal tongue