Brunswick, GA USA
10k wrote:

stuff

Good to see you around.

Melbourne
egr wrote:

I'm not saying this to be a smartass but if there happened to be a prog chip label at the moment it would be one that you'd never heard of which means either they're extremely new or just awful at promotion. Either way I don't think you'd benefit.  /$0.02

haha yeah, fair enough. Perhaps I'll just do some pandering chip EDM for a while so I can get popular and then unleash my mega prog epics on an unsuspecting fan base tongue

Last edited by pselodux (Apr 26, 2016 1:29 am)

Brunswick, GA USA
pselodux wrote:

haha yeah, fair enough. Perhaps I'll just do some pandering chip EDM for a while so I can get popular and then unleash my mega prog epics on an unsuspecting fan base tongue

Life's too short for that, just make what you like making.

Melbourne

yeah I made a decision earlier this year to do that rather than try to please people. Unfortunately though, that means just writing the most ridiculous prog stuff that is possibly fairly impenetrable, hahah. Having said that, my minimal tech youtube videos have been taking off a little lately so maybe I'll just ride the success of those and keep chugging away at prog stuff in relative secrecy.. the way it should be big_smile

United States

"impenetrable" is actually a quality i find very appealing in music, although "opaque" is usually the word that comes to mind. i can't be the only one out there with a taste for that sort of thing

Melbourne

Same. My aim for this project is three or four long (10–20min) pieces that traverse various styles such as prog metal, synthwave, art-rock, new age/ambient, experimental/musique concrete.. with common musical themes/motifs to tie the disparate styles.. so in other words, a load of self-indulgent wank, but prog as fuck