Toronto, Canada

I noticed there aren't any topics for Chipthrash producers and/or chipthrash fans, so figured I'd start one. I suppose this should be a sort of megathread/quarantine, so I have a few possible topics for everybody (all 7 of us!)

-Are there fans of the genre that don't produce it?

-What are some non LSDJ trackers and softwares that are also useful for producing chipthrash?

-Upcoming chipthrash events

-DJ Scotch Egg circlejerk

-Links to artists

-Links to artists that aren't you

-Favourite chipthrash records

-Tips & Tricks for writing and producing Chipthrash

Abandoned on Fire

In amongst all the ball busting and memeing that this thread is sure to have I'm sure there'll be some kickass stuff I've never heard of.  Favorited and subscribed.

Madriz, Supain

I like my own band so much that I'm a fans in the dark and own all the memorabilia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzsLUuK2tO0

IL, US

i don't know how to respond to this thread since i've never liked the term chipthrash. mostly because very little of it sounds much like thrash metal to me

Bristol, UK

Only wizwars is trve chipthrash \m/

I don't think it really works as term either. Would be good to have a place to go though to find chipmusic that isn't just happy bleepybloopy four-on-the-floor melodic stuff (not that there is anything wrong with that side).

Also I think if chipthrash was a thing then sharing tips and tricks would kinda go against what it stood for.

Milwaukee, WI
e.s.c. wrote:

i don't know how to respond to this thread since i've never liked the term chipthrash. mostly because very little of it sounds much like thrash metal to me

I absolutely agree with this 100%.

Toronto, Canada

Also, everybody feel free to plug your stuff!

Toronto, Canada
TSC wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Fair enough c:

Though the name is derived from the verb Thrash, and not from thrash metal (which I do really like  Anthrax for life \m/ )

IL, US

maybe, but when you make a name for a music genre that contains the name of another music genre, it should probably be related... if someone made music they were calling "chip-pop" and it sounded nothing like pop music, that would be confusing and misleading

Toronto, Canada
TSC wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Fair enough c:

Though the name is derived from the verb Thrash, and not from thrash metal (which I do really like  Anthrax for life \m/ )

Toronto, Canada
e.s.c. wrote:

maybe, but when you make a name for a music genre that contains the name of another music genre, it should probably be related... if someone made music they were calling "chip-pop" and it sounded nothing like pop music, that would be confusing and misleading

I get what you mean, I don't entirely agree with the term either. But it wasn't/isn't my call

IL, US

though it sort of is.. darker angrier stuff has been part of the scene from the start, long before anyone decided to call anything chipthrash so there's no need to use that as a name for.. well, what exactly do people consider chipthrash at this point? we can talk about evil darker sounding stuff without using that term

Geneva, NY

This one always makes me laugh: http://weeklybeats.com/#/bleo/music/rea … hip-thrash

Toronto, Canada

I suppose so, though I find it to be useful as an easy way to label the darker, Angier,  more spastic chiptune

Madriz, Supain

I think its like 5 years too late to strop coining chipthrash. Get over it.

Chicago

don't define. just live. just write. just enjoy.