(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So I have a PO-12, along with a special cable that allows the sync to happen. (The cable is from eVADE, the recommended 3rd party cable producer on the Nanoloop site: http://bit.ly/1Q19t3o).

But there seems to be a problem when syncing, it just will not work.

I've plugged in the CV part to the left port (and yes, I've tried the other way too) of the PO-12, and the AGB adapter into the gameboy.
I set the PO-12 to SYN1 and I prepared Nanoloop (2.78) for slave mode using A+B on the sync section of the select menu.

No dice.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to set the PO-12 to a different slave mode?

Thanks!
-Sam

Last edited by nanode (Jan 14, 2016 9:51 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

I've troubleshooted (troubleshot?) this with Nanode, and the first thing we corrected was that the PO12 should be in SYN2 mode.

He showed me the PO12 armed, ready to accept the click signal from the GBA. The GBA was all set up (A/2 in the top right).

But no joy.

Looks to me like it might be a cable issue.

You did press START on the Game Boy, right?

The cables currently available from eVade are for nanoloop as slave. Maybe you have one of these? Then you'd set nanoloop to slave with A+B and the PO12 to master with SY1 and start it. Nanoloop will run in halfspeed though because the POs send clock only every 2nd step.

Last edited by oliver (Jan 15, 2016 8:28 am)

Tokyo, Japan
oliver wrote:

The cables currently available from eVade are for nanoloop as slave.

This is 100% his problem then.

Germany

Hi, ive never tested the cables with the POs. The cables are made in use with the KORG Monotribe and the VOLCAS to sync LSDJ and NANOLOOP.

I think he also sold cables for nanoloop as master.

dualitymicro wrote:

Hi, ive never tested the cables with the POs. The cables are made in use with the KORG Monotribe and the VOLCAS to sync LSDJ and NANOLOOP.

I think the voltage level on the PO's output is too low (audio levels instead of proper 5V) to get recognized as logic levels by the Game Boy. Syncing POs probably only works with nanoloop as master.

And I need to correct myself: Cables are available for master and slave mode.

Last edited by oliver (Jan 15, 2016 8:59 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

I have built a link cable for syncing Nanoloop and PO-12, and it works good, except for the fact that the PO-12 starts with some delay, regarding the Game Boy.

Nanoloop is master and PO-12 is slave. I set the PO-12 on SY02, it stays armed and starts playing when I press start on the Game Boy. But the PO-12 only starts playing when Nanoloop is on its second step. The sync is steady, but they start on different time. I've tested on both GBA, GBA SP and GB with Nanoloop One.

Anyone had this problem? Could this be a cable issue?

Tokyo, Japan

Pulselooper --

Sounds like you are running 2.7.7. I noticed that problem and oliver fixed it with the 2.7.8 update.

São Paulo, Brazil
cheapshot wrote:

Pulselooper --

Sounds like you are running 2.7.7. I noticed that problem and oliver fixed it with the 2.7.8 update.

Dear James, Sir.

You are my hero!

Now it works like a charm. Including Nanoloop one: just needed a good ol' update (and the chrome extension works great too).

I gotta say Nanoloop and PO-12 is a great, great setup. They even look like each other: one pattern with 16 steps blinking like it's christmas time.

São Paulo, Brazil

One thing I just noticed is that the CV sync cable only works on my un-modded GBC. On my prosound DMG and GBC it doesn't work. Anyone running through this?