Chicago

I have a setup with two DMGs (sometimes running through guitar pedals for effects) running through a Behringer 802 mixer (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer/X … 6902518.gc)

My problem is that I can only get proper stereo sound (by which I mean my L/R panning effects playing in the correct speakers) when I use a 1/8" to RCA cable and plug into the CD/Tape port, which I can't adjust High/Med?/Low levels on.

I typically use a 1/8" stereo cable with a 1/8->1/4 adapter on the end to plug into one of the first two inputs. The audio comes through both speakers, but when I pan to one side it just gets really quiet.

Am I just using the wrong cables? What should I use if I want to do this right?

(Also - I recognize that the guitar pedals are mono and I won't get proper stereo when I plug into them. I have tried to use them separate from my main set up and then send to the pedals, but I am clearly doing that wrong as well...)

Thanks for any help

Finland
ungertron wrote:

I typically use a 1/8" stereo cable with a 1/8->1/4 adapter on the end to plug into one of the first two inputs. The audio comes through both speakers, but when I pan to one side it just gets really quiet.

Sounds like just the left or the right channel gets plugged in? not both left and right?

Or is it that both mono inputs on the mixer have left and right plugged in from the 1/8 stereocable?

Last edited by my.Explosion (May 10, 2016 2:59 pm)

Bristol, UK

the first 2 1/4 inch inputs are mono. You want one of these, with the 1/4 inch jacks going into 3/4 or 5/6