Melbourne

Not a dealbreaker at all! It'd just make nanoloop even closer to being like having an elektron sequencer for gameboy big_smile

france

@pselodux Exactly smile

BK

will this be midi enabled? the idea of using this as a sound module for external midi control is VERY appealing to me.

no, only MIDI sync like the other nanoloops. maybe a dedicated standalone device with MIDI in the future.

Atlanta, GA

I swear, oliver. Everything you make makes my wallet horny.

Utah
Kris k wrote:

will this be midi enabled? the idea of using this as a sound module for external midi control is VERY appealing to me.

I'd like to also express interest in this.
Very cool project regardless.

Italy

I thrown my money at the screen.

Tacoma WA

just when i thought i was done with nanoloop you had to pull this shit. 

hell. fucking. yes.

Hey Oliver, any idea on the price for this already?

somewhere around € 50 - 70.

Oregon

Can I fast-forward to a future where I'm able to click "Buy Now" please? Want so hard..

pselodux wrote:

Do you think there's any possibility to have some kind of external audio input for the filter(s)? It'd be cool to sync it to something else but also run the sync slave through the filters on the cart, using the step sequencer to control the filter, like on elektron products big_smile

I have tried this now and it works fine. Maybe not quite as loud as the internal sound, but OK. As said before, there is no connector on the cart but it's "hackable": Some vias have extended copper rings so that they can serve as solder pads. This way you can connect an audio input to the tone channel pre-filter and also grab VCC, GND, audio GND, and audio out. The latter is probably too weak to drive headphones but should be OK as line out.

Melbourne

Cool! Does that mean that it could also be hacked for multi-out post-filter?

Last edited by pselodux (May 24, 2016 11:45 am)

The post-filter output for each channel is available, but it's pre-envelope.

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

The post-filter output for each channel is available, but it's pre-envelope.

Ah, interesting, could make for some cool effects. I guess in theory then it's possible to route the signal out to effects and then back in to the envelope..?

Did you say this would be the pcb cart like the recent nl1 carts? That must be some impressive SMD tech!

Thanks for answering my never-ending questions. I'm so keen to check this thing out, will definitely pre-order as soon as I can!

pselodux wrote:

I guess in theory then it's possible to route the signal out to effects and then back in to the envelope..?

For that you'd have to cut the copper trace between the two vias.

pselodux wrote:

Did you say this would be the pcb cart like the recent nl1 carts? That must be some impressive SMD tech!

Yes, it's a PCB cart. It's even smaller than nl one and has a nice square shape (that's possible because it doesn't work on GBA anyway and hence doesn't have to push the GB cart switch). The SMD tech is not overly complex, it's all about the right configuration of the controller.

pselodux wrote:

will definitely pre-order as soon as I can!

Production starts now, but it's a new product and the software isn't finished yet, so no pre-orders.

Last edited by oliver (May 25, 2016 12:00 pm)