(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So I recently got a modded GBA with an AGS101 screen installed.

Upon receiving it, I've been getting really bad audio issues. The volume seems to change on its own without me touching the wheel, and if I do touch it, it produces either static, lower volume, or extremely loud volume on what's playing.

Just recently, the screen has been getting these strange darker lines, not dead pixels, just not as bright. On top of this, the color red has a hard time showing up.

What fucked my shit up this time?

-Sam

Bump. Really don't wanna lose this thing.

Taichung, Taiwan

Get a refund.

katsumbhong wrote:

Get a refund.

That won't fix my issue. I want to fix it, not return it.

London

Maybe these are two different issues? Worn volume wheel and loose screen ribbon cable? Just a wild guess. Upload some pictures here if you can, someone might be able to help you more.

NUMBSKULL

Do the lines like flicker, almost like scanlines or something? I backlit my GBA and I get that. There's a pot on the board you can adjust to help it, but mine doesn't seem to do anything.

NUMBSKULL

Just helped 2xAA with his and it appears that the contrast pot fixed his. I recommend you do the same.

catskull wrote:

Do the lines like flicker, almost like scanlines or something? I backlit my GBA and I get that. There's a pot on the board you can adjust to help it, but mine doesn't seem to do anything.

I've heard that could be an issue and that's exactly what's going on. I'll try doing that later today when I do my mass repairing session.

NightRaven wrote:

Maybe these are two different issues? Worn volume wheel and loose screen ribbon cable? Just a wild guess. Upload some pictures here if you can, someone might be able to help you more.

I'll order a new one from kitschbent later today, maybe see if a capacitor is out or if some of the flux is worn down (highly doubt it though).

I'll try the wheelwell and if that doesn't work then I'll upload pics.