This guy led me down the rabbit hole.  Good personal friend stocked it with the best SRX expansion cards.
I can't live without the choirs.  Best Multi Timbral IMHO.

Last edited by DSC (Dec 18, 2015 5:29 am)

Los Angeles, CA

The Alesis Ion has 4-part/8-voice multi-timbral, the Micron has 8-part/8-voice and they can both be controlled by this thing.

It's pretty rad, tbh.

Planet Zaxxon

Oh and Delek, the DX7, DX7iiFD, DX7iiD, DX21, DX27, and DX100 are not multitimbral unfortunately. And I don't think the DX9 is either, but never confirmed for myself.

Melbourne

I went to the store that was selling the PMA-5, but instead walked away with a JV-1010.. pretty much instant satisfaction, this thing is AMAZING

pretty much the perfect size for my setup too!

Planet Zaxxon

I too love the JV-1010, it's almost too many sounds, haha. But once you setup templates of all the banks and what not, it's not that bad to keep recalling the patches from a computer/midi etc

pselodux wrote:

I went to the store that was selling the PMA-5, but instead walked away with a JV-1010.. pretty much instant satisfaction, this thing is AMAZING

pretty much the perfect size for my setup too!

Warez Waldo wrote:

Roland MT-32 *under $100!*
-8 voice, 9 parts

Love this one! Still sounds very nice (though a lot of people seem to resent the factory presets for sake of being used too much), tons of retrogames that can use this, tons of instrument presets available.
There's also a decent open source emulator for it, munt