france

Hi Bsa,

I've finally reach the step to integrate Hiopl into my wip tracker picoloop.
It's great, thank you, you have make it doable for a guy like me.
So, thank you for this great job.

Anybody got this working under Ableton live? it doesn't recognise the plugin at all for me. i'm using live 8.4.2.

yes @julsonjulson, it worked for me, take a look which version (32-bit or 64-bit) you downloaded. It must coincide with your Live architecture.
I've made few tests explained here, maybe it can help

Last edited by autorun (Sep 30, 2014 7:18 pm)

france

Do you planned an opl3 version ?

autorun wrote:

yes @julsonjulson, it worked for me, take a look which version (32-bit or 64-bit) you downloaded. It must coincide with your Live architecture.
I've made few tests explained here, maybe it can help

Thanks autorun smile I am using a 8.4.2 - 32 bit version of live. I tried both version 0.9.7 and 0.10.1 now but no luck. I am on windows 8.1 but tried also running live in compatibility mode for win 7.

Do i need juce installed or do anything else? I just downloaded the zip and put it in my VSTs folder where ableton finds all the DLLs. It doesn't show up on the VST list though.

Ostraya mate!

Sorry for the long time to reply! On holidays so finally have time to work on this again. New version coming soon..

yoyz2k: The latest version includes the OPL3 waveforms, but still only two operators. No immediate plans to add support for four operators. Would be interested to see your tracker when it's done!

julsonjohnson: You shouldn't need anything but the compiled DLL. I've tested it with a few different DAWs now, including Ableton Live 9.1.5 64-bit (trial version) on Windows 7.

Last edited by bsa (Jan 3, 2015 5:39 am)

france

Hi Bsa, I'd like to play with the four operator but the my tracker code doesn't allow it...
I will need to modify it to take a variable number of enveloppe ( will be done in the future ).
For now I will try only the 8 waveform.
If you want to see the source or the prebuild binary you can fetch it on this thread  near the last page :
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/13624 … oop-clone/

Thanks a lot for your help and the opl2 wrapper which let me play dbopl smile
You can see how I have merge it in the source code in the Machine directory.

Thanks a lot,

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jan 3, 2015 1:38 pm)

Ostraya mate!

Finally managed to fix a long-standing bug with help from somebody on GitHub! Should solve noise issues on many VST hosts including Cubase and Reaper. Also added a ton of SBI files contributed by a user.

https://bsutherland.github.io/JuceOPLVSTi/

Matej wrote:

BSA can you make standalone tracker for WIN,MAX and LINUX?
There is unfinished port of OPL3 Adlibtracker2 to WIN32. But OPL2 will
be very interesting too.

Adlibtracker 2 SDL should work well on windows: http://www.adlibtracker.net/downloads.php . At2 is awesome, I don't think there would be much value in turning this into another stand-alone adlib tracker.

A OPL3 VST is awesome though. Great work bsa.

kind of a late reply but thanks for the update bsa. the 64 bit version works flawlessly now in live 8 too and all the extra presets are great smile

(although playing with the device parameters doesn't actually move any sliders on the vst interface but that's not a biggie at all)