garvalf wrote:

Wow, thanks a lot for this new version, i'll have a look and i'll send you some feedback!

sound great.
on a side note i should really pull me self together, and get my web side updated. it is only very old version of the diffrent programs there is there.

Nomad's Land

Even though I rarely get around to making YM music nowadays, I'm glad to hear Project Ymer is still alive!
Also, a native player would be great. The best would actually be an option to export to SNDH, so the output could be used with gwEm's STj player. I dunno if SNDH would support 300Hz effects, though.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Jun 3, 2016 8:57 am)

France

There is a native player for ymf files!
You can export to ymt with the windows application, and replay them with this player on the Atari ST: http://www.nightfallcrew.com/20/01/2015 … -fedepede/

At the moment I'm on a Maxymiser track, but I'll work on Ymer soon (I need to if I want to finish this YM/AY album / compilation I've planned for a long time!)

Last edited by garvalf (Jun 3, 2016 9:30 am)

irrlichtproject wrote:

Even though I rarely get around to making YM music nowadays, I'm glad to hear Project Ymer is still alive!
Also, a native player would be great. The best would actually be an option to export to SNDH, so the output could be used with gwEm's STj player. I dunno if SNDH would support 300Hz effects, though.

Hi irrlichtproject and thx, and you had a big part in that project ymer got to where it is today smile

the problem with SNDH is that it's not a format,  it is the music score + the native player + a header telling which interrupt it uses.
but if i ever got to finish the native player, when you also have SNDH.

i have done a lot of the GUI for the program, so one day i probably  continues on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0mq2jm698w44ds/ymer.png?dl=0

i have also done some test on the sound, and it look like what i thought could be done, did not work, so i have to do in the same way as i did back in the old days. one thing that mean is that the synth wave sound will be more lofi compare to the windows version.

garvalf wrote:

There is a native player for ymf files!
You can export to ymt with the windows application, and replay them with this player on the Atari ST: http://www.nightfallcrew.com/20/01/2015 … -fedepede/

At the moment I'm on a Maxymiser track, but I'll work on Ymer soon (I need to if I want to finish this YM/AY album / compilation I've planned for a long time!)

My ymt format have some advantages and some minus over a native player

one advantage it have is that the player is fast and simple
but some of the disadvantages is you can't use all the sounds types only pure YM and buzzer sound.
the score take a lot of space.
but at least, because you can exported the score in speed up to 300 hz the YM export file, sound right compare to music score.

Last edited by fedepede04 (Jun 4, 2016 9:23 am)

The Rubber Man

llVeXXll:

> I can't even get the damn thing to make a sound.
------------------------
Yes. Very same here.

>  I think I might cry.
-------------------
I encountered maxymizer, so I know the feeling.

That's exactly why I came back to my senses and switched it to the MusicMon. smile smile smile
http://dhs.nu/files.php?t=single&ID=52

Good luck!

France

MusicMon is very good, but I don't know why they use a so awkward pattern list, you can only see one at a time sad

Joliette, QC, Canada
garvalf wrote:

MusicMon is very good, but I don't know why they use a so awkward pattern list, you can only see one at a time sad

Everything in this world have their Pros and Cons...
Musicmon is by far one of my favorite tracker but there is 2 things on it that I don't really like
1.Patterns are in decimals...I want some Hex dammit
2.No command collumn...so you need to create a new instrument everytime you want something like a pitch bend or something...
...but goddamn I LOVE the Sound Editor !

Melbourne, Australia

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I thought it might be better posting here than starting a new thread.

Recently when I've been using MaxYMiser on my STe, it hasn't been saving files properly. Like, it will say it's saved it as an SND, but then you go to the save and it's 0kb's in size and won't load. I've also had a SND that's been the right file size, but it won't load it. The disk drive kicks in but then it stops and the screen goes dark and nothing else happens.

Any thoughts please?!

edit: much like op I think I might cry if this keeps happening

Last edited by Panda Chan (Jun 7, 2016 1:56 am)

France

"Recently", it sounds like there were some recent updates in the Atari ST TOS or on Maxymiser wink

I can't really tell from my experience, because I generally use MaxYMiser from an emulator. Here is what I encountered so far:

- On hatari 1.7.0 or 1.8.0 it's very stable, I've never encountered any crash I remember.
- On hatari 1.9.0 I got some random crashes when saving (bomb and exit). Maybe it's because it's a version I compiled myself, and with the new cpu core from winuae.
- On some rare occasions, I worked on my Atari STF with maxYMiser, without any problem for saving files.
- With other programs on my new Atari STE, I had problems for loading data from floppies.

So my thoughts are:
- your STE floppy drive might becoming defective
- and/or your floppies might become defective as well

if you're not using floppies but sd cards or usb sticks, it could be some rare bugs in maxYMiser, for example with a specific instrument or some settings in your songs which may interfere with the saving process.

Have you tried loading sample songs, make small edits, save again?
You may also try to load your current songs into an emulator and try to save again to see it this problem is still present.

About MaxYMiser use, I think it can look complicated at first, and the only difficult part is learning how to use the sequences. On the other hand, if you've used GoatTracker and its tables, MaxYMiser will look more confortable on this aspect.

But for the rest it's easy to enter notes, effects and such.

Everything in one screen is probably too much (and looks cramped), with 2 differents screens it would have been better. Yet SidWizard only has one screen and is easier to get used to it.

Last edited by garvalf (Jun 7, 2016 7:32 am)

Panda Chan wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I thought it might be better posting here than starting a new thread.

Recently when I've been using MaxYMiser on my STe, it hasn't been saving files properly. Like, it will say it's saved it as an SND, but then you go to the save and it's 0kb's in size and won't load. I've also had a SND that's been the right file size, but it won't load it. The disk drive kicks in but then it stops and the screen goes dark and nothing else happens.

Any thoughts please?!

edit: much like op I think I might cry if this keeps happening

if it is only MaxYMiser making troubles then try.
1. try new (others) floppy-disks.
2. try an other version of MaxYMiser

if it is also happen in other programs.
1 it could be the floppy-drev that need to be clean, or maybe change.
2. it cloud be the PSU. it should be a very common error on the STE, i it can have an impact on the floppy-drev.

Last edited by fedepede04 (Jun 7, 2016 9:20 am)

Melbourne, Australia
garvalf wrote:

"Recently", it sounds like there were some recent updates in the Atari ST TOS or on Maxymiser wink

Oh, didn't you hear?! wink

garvalf wrote:

So my thoughts are:
- your STE floppy drive might becoming defective
- and/or your floppies might become defective as well

if you're not using floppies but sd cards or usb sticks, it could be some rare bugs in maxYMiser, for example with a specific instrument or some settings in your songs which may interfere with the saving process.

Have you tried loading sample songs, make small edits, save again?
You may also try to load your current songs into an emulator and try to save again to see it this problem is still present.

I am using floppies, and it's happened across multiple floppies; some formatted on ST and some formatted in DOS.

I have tried opening, changing and saving some tracks, and that worked fine, it just appears to dislike particular .snd saves for some reason... But it could well be a problem with the floppy drive.

fedepede04 wrote:

if it is only MaxYMiser making troubles then try.
1. try new (others) floppy-disks.
2. try an other version of MaxYMiser

if it is also happen in other programs.
1 it could be the floppy-drev that need to be clean, or maybe change.
2. it cloud be the PSU. it should be a very common error on the STE, i it can have an impact on the floppy-drev.

It only really happens in MaxYMiser, and the problem initially happened with v1.33 so I changed to 1.29, and then the problem started occurring again.

Panda Chan wrote:

It only really happens in MaxYMiser, and the problem initially happened with v1.33 so I changed to 1.29, and then the problem started occurring again.

if you before never had any error in v1.29 and you start to have them now, then i would say it's hardware.

and i think it very well could be the PSU.
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/psu/index.htm

Melbourne, Australia
fedepede04 wrote:

if you before never had any error in v1.29 and you start to have them now, then i would say it's hardware.

and i think it very well could be the PSU.
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/psu/index.htm

I only changed to 1.29 because of the problem I was having in 1.33. I might clarify that I only recently got the ST, but it was still in box, relatively unused and it functions fine with every other program I use.

the psu die over time, regardless if it is being used or not, i don't know about MaxYMiser, but i think if there was such critical error in it, it would have been found and fixed.

Melbourne, Australia

Ahhh okay fair enough, I will look into it then! Thanks for the help!