The Rubber Man

...and. I always save the music-files TWICE. As a backup.
Not only SNG files while composing, but also the final SND(h) export too. One never knows when the fate strikes.

Melbourne, Australia
YERZMYEY wrote:

...and. I always save the music-files TWICE. As a backup.
Not only SNG files while composing, but also the final SND(h) export too. One never knows when the fate strikes.

I think that sounds like a smart move! I'll try to do that from now on

Hi >.< I am "re- hijacking" this thread tongue sorry! Thanks to you guys I am now up and running making music on Maxymiser, but it doesn't seem to want to load any .sndhs.

It will load .sndhs that I myself have saved, and it will load all other .snds but sndhs that I download off archives etc, it just says disk op failed (file).

Last edited by llVeXXll (Jun 7, 2016 5:36 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
llVeXXll wrote:

Hi >.< I am "re- hijacking" this thread tongue sorry! Thanks to you guys I am now up and running making music on Maxymiser, but it doesn't seem to want to load any .sndhs.

It will load .sndhs that I myself have saved, and it will load all other .snds but sndhs that I download off archives etc, it just says disk op failed (file).

The SNDH files are .SND on STs because you can only have 3 characters after the dot!
As you can see on the download page of the SNDH archive
http://sndh.atari.org/download.php
There is a long filename and a short filename archives, use the short files for the Atari (the files name are 8 characters long + 3 characters format) and use the long filename if you use player like Jamplayer (it will play .sndh but not .snd !)
http://creamhq.de/

you can only load sndh files there have been made in maxymiser.
just to take one more time. SNDH files is a score + plus it native player in 68000asm + a header info, there describe which interrupts it need to run the player.

so maxymiser can't use them, because it wont know how the format is build. ever ym player on the ST is different so the SNDH will also be different.

Last edited by fedepede04 (Jun 7, 2016 7:18 pm)

Ok thanks, so there is no way for me to open up .sndh in a tracker to see how they were made?

only for playing, or you need to find the native player and scores.

maybe there is something here that you can use.
http://dhs.nu/files.php?t=chipeditor

Joliette, QC, Canada
llVeXXll wrote:

Ok thanks, so there is no way for me to open up .sndh in a tracker to see how they were made?

Download the short filename archive and you will be able to load .SND files that we're made in MaxYMiser. You will be able to check out Ultrasyd's tracks, a lot of 505, gwEm, Timbral, Divag, some Dubmood, DMA-SC, etc.
These files will surely help you to learn some fx command and instruments sequences. Like opening a mod in protracker (well...obviously ! XD)

Joliette, QC, Canada
garvalf wrote:

if you're not using floppies but sd cards or usb sticks, it could be some rare bugs in maxYMiser, for example with a specific instrument or some settings in your songs which may interfere with the saving process.

I have 2 ultrasatan and I never had these save problems on MaxYMiser !

Melbourne, Australia

Alright, I'm 90% certain it's not the atari now... I downloaded the short filename .SNDH library from the aforementioned links, and was scrolling through them in MaxYMiser in STEEM, and I tried loading some of the 4Mat ones, as well as some of the Dubmood ones and they crashed the emulator exactly like the STe crashes sometimes! I have no idea what's going on... Any ideas please?!

Also, sorry to re-hijack the thread...

London

The offical maxYMiser web page has alot of resources: example instrument packs and two tutorials.

If you just google 'maxYMiser tutorial' you will find them... I don't think its ridiculously hard? But then again a few people have this problem it seems

"Everything in one screen is probably too much (and looks cramped), with 2 differents screens it would have been better." <- yes and no. you can modify the instruments and everything in real time while the track is playing, which I find very useful. I designed everything so it went on one screen on purpose. some people find it cramped, but I prefer it.

Disc problems - people have reported disc problems. Quite often they come from using a 2Mb version of maxYMiser on 1MB machine for example. might be worth double checking

"I encountered maxymizer, so I know the feeling." <- do we have a problem Yerz? No one forces you to use it, sorry if you think my work is crap. At SillyVenture I always got a weird feeling from you. I don't believe I did something to piss you off, but please tell me if so.

At least for me, having used editors on the C64 made it fairly easy to use maxYMiser as most C64 editors are just like it, table based editors. What might be a bit hard to understand for some people is the timer table usage since if you're not familiar with how the timer effect is actually implemented, it might take a while to get your head around it.

The Rubber Man

@gwEm

I don't suppose so. It's rather a common knowledge, that I suspect maxymizer is the best utility for STE and I never was able to test it as I wasn't able to force it to make a sound. Nihil novi sub sole. I wouldn't worry about it, that's probably just me.
All the best.

London

All the best to you also Yerz, I can show you some stuff in November if you come to SV.

Melbourne, Australia
gwEm wrote:

Disc problems - people have reported disc problems. Quite often they come from using a 2Mb version of maxYMiser on 1MB machine for example. might be worth double checking

Ah okay, I will double check that then. I have been using Steem a lot more recently and haven't encountered the problem since, so I think it might be my Atari. But thanks!