Internet

I know I don't post here often and was unsure of which forum this fits under. BUT after researching pi projects I had a brilliant idea. An off-the-wall idea for a problem I run into.

I'm always running out of room on save files on my LSDJ carts in my gameboy. I lament, if only there was a super-portable easy way to swap out and manage save files of my GameBoy carts on the go.

So I thought...what about a raspberry pi, such as the pi zero, plus a touchscreen, that could manage the save data on a Derpcart (which is 'driverless' and works on Linux)?? If I gave it WiFi access I could also utilize a network and FTP over save files I also have on my gameboy emulator on my 3ds, which I also keep on me.

Am I overthinking this? Is there a better idea/solution that's a little less labor intensive/cheaper/over-the-top? I have heard about an android app that directly connects to the EMS cart, but I had JUST migrated over to a dual Derpcart setup (though I kept my EMS cart) and I want things to be consistent.

What are your thoughts on the idea? Do you have a better suggestion? Forgive the 1am weekday manic post, I had all these ideas flooding my brain at once and had to share them and get feedback >.>

Thank u

sweden

Tried little fm?

Internet
nordloef wrote:

Tried little fm?

No. What is that?

LittleFM is a way to store up to 8 sav files inside the Rom on a DnD cart.
Be sure to save the current rom before loading another one tho. People learned the hard way wink

Best thing since sliced chips.
http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/04 … -released/

Internet
Timbob wrote:

LittleFM is a way to store up to 8 sav files inside the Rom on a DnD cart.
Be sure to save the current rom before loading another one tho. People learned the hard way wink

Best thing since sliced chips.
http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/04 … -released/

oh MAN this thing rules holy shit. Thank you so much for making me realize this exists oh my god

Another option- cheapest used android device you can find, running the lsdj file management app.

Solar System

There is also Orange PI One (more powerful than zero) and Olimex Lime (sata)...

Last edited by Matej (Jun 20, 2016 5:12 pm)