Unfortunately, MIDI timing is generally a bitch to control and windows is the worse platform of tham all. There s not that much you can do on it, at least at this point in time

Cartoon Bomb wrote:
metropeak wrote:

Kind of curious about these, do you have any links to them?

I can't access any of the sites because I'm at work (there's a very arbitrary filter), but if you look up UMID MBook, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cool, thanks for sharing! They are pretty neat devices - anyone know what the sound quality is like? I used to have an old Acer netbook and the sound was quite crackly and mufflly making it useless for any serious audio stuff.

Geneva, NY

You should probably use a USB audio interface with these netbooks, a MUST for the Pi.

It's more likely windows and directshow are the issue. Running asio4all could smooth things out. Or installing a linux distro.

On raspi it's a completely different issue because the audio out is some hacked partly failed diy job.

BLEO wrote:

You should probably use a USB audio interface with these netbooks, a MUST for the Pi.

Unsubscribe

You could always use this new "audiophile" os for the pi :
http://www.raspyfi.com/

VA

3 years on, and I finally bought a Raspberry Pi 3. Been messing around with it, got piggy installed. I extracted the latest stable Debian build, then put the Raspbian exe in bin folder. It runs, but the audio is not right- just a bunch of crushed up sounding noise. Dunno if I installed it right.

I am using Raspbian (Jessie) that came on my SD card.

Also having trouble getting it to work with my Tascam US-122 USB/MIDI interface. I got it to display the interface with $ lsusb, but beyond that I have a lot of work to do here. I might try a newer interface, no idea if this thing is class compliant. It's plug and play in windows at least.

Any help or personal experiences shared would be appreciated.

IL, US

why'd you use the debian instead of the raspi build? i'm guessing that's a factor

VA
e.s.c. wrote:

why'd you use the debian instead of the raspi build? i'm guessing that's a factor

Any idea where I could find a stable build of the Pi version? The Ghetto version on the piggy tracker site is just the .exe, which I placed in the bin folder of the debian build. Is there a directory somewhere with all different builds of LGPT?

Unsubscribe

That should be all you need! Make it executable as explained in the wiki and you should be good to go

VA
herr_prof wrote:

That should be all you need! Make it executable as explained in the wiki and you should be good to go

I see, thanks, glad to know it's installed right. I do have it running, but am having issues with my audio. I just ow posted to the facebook group that I think you admin big_smile. I'll crosspost here for more signal if I can't figure it out some time tonight. By the way, end goal is to use Pi Piggy as a MIDI sequencer.

Unsubscribe

Are you using a external sound card? Built in audio is terrible.