Lake Titicaca

A friend of mine told me that many chipmusicians have become conceited.

Is this true?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

I mean I'm proud of my work but conceited is taking it a bit far hmm

I think they're confusing being proud of making one's work with being a narcissistic asshole or an elitist. Liking your music is something that you NEED when making it. My mantra from when I started was to create music I would listen to, mostly because I just wanted some more chiptune in my life, but to also expand upon what others have done and maybe bring some new stuff to the table.

With that said though, there is no denying that there is an "elitist" culture within the scene which I'm sure we've all seen by now, but that has more to do with the medium in which you create chip than content of someone's music.

Chiptune is an amalgamation of many different people, social backgrounds, and styles. It is a scene with all the ups and downs associated with being one. Sure there will be a few people here and there that may feel like they're "100% GRADE A USDA APPROVED BEST CHIPTUNE 2K16!!!11!1!!!1" and that everyone else can go suck a big one, but for the most part, our community is a pretty welcoming and supporting one.

So no, I don't think the majority of us are conceited.

Montreal, Canada

Here we go again...

n00bstar wrote:

Here we go again...

Also yeah, this.

Atlanta, GA

thats not true. I fucking hate myself. I only started making chiptune because fighter x and a bunch of people i liked quit but now he's back so i have no reason to go on anymore.

Unsubscribe

No I am more racked with self doubt than ever before.

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

thats not true. I fucking hate myself.

herr_prof wrote:

No I am more racked with self doubt than ever before.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

IL, US

i think people mistake the fact that so many artists are socially awkward for them being standoffish.. though i can think of one or two artists off the top of my head that definitely have gotten a big head, they're the exceptions

Michigan

"I don't need, a music scene, to tell me who I am"
-Keasbey Nights, Streetlight Manifesto

Atlanta, GA

I can only think of one chipmusician who is conceited af and his name rhymes with boy's flannel

Swansea, UK

On a scale of Kurt Cobain to Kanye West, I'm Donald Trump.

California

when you say 'old age' who exactly are you talking about?

brooklyn

yeah sure why not

buffalo, NY

nah

Melbourne, Australia

Being 19, it's safe to say I'm probably one of the oldest and most conceited members in the chiptune community. Others try to be as conceited as me, but I pull it off way better.

Melbourne

I'm pretty aware that my stuff doesn't have mass appeal in the chip scene due to it not actually even "sounding" chippy 90% of the time, but I keep doing it and submitting it for chip labels/compilations/whatever out of spite. Not sure if that counts as being conceited..

e.s.c. wrote:

i think people mistake the fact that so many artists are socially awkward for them being standoffish

this, 100%

Last edited by pselodux (Jun 27, 2016 12:19 am)