NC in the US of America

wow :o-

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 23, 2016 5:41 pm)

france

I'm in love

The Forest, WA

Bring us the acid !

The Forest, WA

!

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jun 27, 2016 3:21 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Genius! Sounds fantastic!

france

Enough is enough Oliver.
I'm okay with : you take your time to polish this new beast.
And you can take maybe one or two day to finish, I'm okay with that smile
BUT, We all want a new demo, we deserve it wink
Make it shine smile

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jun 29, 2016 4:30 pm)

Lake Titicaca

It looks awesome for an entirely gameboy based setup, but it will be frame rate based speed instead of BPM so difficult to use in terms of sampling patterns out into a DAW, thats why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full makeover of the android and ios nanoloops, making them into awesome beasts! the design is better than almost all other ios step sequencers (all parameters can be changed per step, beautiful functional GUI)  but the 8 patterns per channel limitation is...

france

@jaffacake, I use nanoloop 2.7.x with an electribe e2 this week. The e2 send a pulse sync to the nanoloop 2.
The two gears stay in sync for more than an hours without issue.
If I don't say bullshit, it can work with a DMG and nanoloop 1.
and the new nanoloop mono may be able to do it too, so you can sync it easily. I hope to use it like this and with my lsdjmc2 at home.
I may be wrong.

And yes, i'd like to have the nanoloop android to be able to send just a pulse sync or midi +pulsesync.
The pulsesync could be done using only one Left or Right audio signal, okay, it's not perfect, but it could be great for me.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jun 29, 2016 4:42 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

It looks awesome for an entirely gameboy based setup, but it will be frame rate based speed instead of BPM so difficult to use in terms of sampling patterns out into a DAW

Couldn't you use MIDI sync for that purpose?

Lake Titicaca

It DOES look excellent, but the function it serves when midi synched is the same as phoscyon, but without the availability of mapping knobs to twiddle...or flipping back and forth quickly between patterns with drumpads. I'm not a hater. just saying.

france

For me the pulse sync is great.
I don't like too much midi, or, no i'm wrong, I like midi to send a midi clock, but if I can use the internal sequencer of each gears ( and if this sequencer is okay with my playing/feeling/enough-memory ) it's okay for me.
Just want my sequencer to be in perfect sync.
I've try for years midi, and.... windows, linux, vst, and other dll/whatever to have plugins....
For me it is like computer with big operating system, it become "for me" borring, and I don't make music on it, I do google or other non musical things on it.
For me music gears must be fun, and pulse sync and midi clock give me lots of fun smile
Yes it is only a matter of taste.

And last thing, I like computer program like rebirth, fl studio, reason. But I don't like plugin and everything which tend to break for latency issue or which need to put too much brain to make it work. And for whatever reason, I like hardware things smile I'm really lazy with computer smile

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jun 29, 2016 5:01 pm)

Lake Titicaca

I understand your viewpoint about dedicated devices (all the better if handheld and portable) in terms of not getting distracted by the internet (like I am right now).

Your project picoloop looks very nice. I believe it will have true BPM. When will it be finished?

You know, if you need code for various synthesis types, I think the code from PSPSEQ is availiable... open sourced.
The guy that made PSPSEQ used that project to get a job designing effects for Roland. He knew what he was doing in making the synths themselves but the GUI was a bit fiddly.

france

Yes dedicated hardware, or "like hardware" ( psp, dmg, gba, pc with one soft ) is the way to go for me, easier to use.

Picoloop dev was not big this last height month. I had lots of work, and I was less available, but I continue to commit often on the github. Today I work on the midi in/out part and the multiplatform part.
This thing are not too visible...
This year, there was a port on raspberry 1 and raspberry two. The cool things is most engine works on raspberry two, so I think I will release a raspberry pi image with dpad and usb audio and usb midi in/out for the pi2. And will add pulse sync out with the poor audio out. This should be release before the end of the year because it is not lots of works.
I will work on an "appliance" too with guy from zynthian, it is a linux raspberry box with knob, and it will be really cool project.
You should dig for it on the internet, it will really be a great open hardware project.
So picoloop will not be finished yet, I don't want to close it, and you can use a stable version today on psp, but unfortunately without midi and pulse sync...
So midi and pulse will be availble at q4 2016.

I've contact the guy from pspseq, but it tell me that he is not able to open it... I'd like to reuse some synth engine..
But I can't... This is why I like opensource stuff, or rock solid stuff like Oliver made for us smile

Lake Titicaca

shame about pspseq synths code not being open sourced (i thought it was for some reason).

Have you checked out the code for adlib tracker 2's 4 operator FM synth...that one sounds golden...pretty sure its open sourced.

Just to clarify, picoloop will have true BPM right? (like lgpt, because psp clock is not governed by 60hz or 50hz framerate).

sounds like your putting in a lot of hard work so I'm really looking forward to trying it end of 2016. MIDI in/out/clock/start/stop will be quite groundbreaking in the world of PSP homebrew. I dont think anyone has managed it so far.

I sincerely hope you don't do the entire project for free.

You mentioned multiplatform.
Definitely get it onto the playstore and appstore and charge for it.

This video has the adlibtracker2 synthesis in it right? Im not sure if its adlibtracker2 or a DX7...

JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

but the function it serves when midi synched is the same as phoscyon, but without the

no.

Last edited by oliver (Jun 29, 2016 6:36 pm)

france

I think the guy of pspseq can not open it but it is not a big problem, there is a lot of fm synthesis out there. I will go for VOPM instead and preenfm 2 two.
The first one could be implemented on psp, the second will take too much cpu.

One of the first synth implemented in every version of picoloop is a dosbox adlib engine two operator. bsa has released it years ago, it is used by every dosbox game, it sound great, here is a track of picoloop made with it :
http://linuxfr.org/redirect/97165
So four track with two operator and a novation k station could make some stuff smile

And yes picoloop will have really soon true bpm, today, i'm writing this, because I want to use it with my e2, elektron and nanoloop 2 gears.
So to clarify this a bit here is what will be implemented in q4, because I'm not a genius.
- psp and dingoo will have a pulse sync out signal available ( you will be able to active it at launch ) on one channel, left or right. It will allow to sync to volca, and electribe 2 hardware, and obviously nanoloop 2, I've use it on my laptop and it works so it should work on psp and dingoo. So you will need a custom jack to rca cable or make your own cable to make it works ;
- windows, linux ( raspi, debian, redhat ) will have pulse sync in and pulse sync out in the same config screen
- windows, linux ( raspi and debian ) will have midi clock in out support, with midi in out card chooseable. and virtual midi channel to send midi clock ;
- I can add a play/stop in this version too, won't be a problem I think ;

PSP is unfortunately not able to be a USB host, so I will do my best with the midi gadget driver ( you know the psp is not a"usb on the go" port ), and if i'm able to write something which work, yes there will be a full midi in out implementation, but this will need a usb host, and the psp will be seen as a midi device from the pc. It will need at this time a pi, or pc, so, don't know if it will be really usefull for anyone. But this last thing will be done latter because i'm not sure it will deserve lots of user. I will try it for fun.

One day I will port picoloop on android, but I will take my time to do it. And yes on android the source code will be free. But you will have to pay to use it. Because at this time it will be like 5 years that I develop picoloop so I will sell it smile But it will not cost much than a big beer smile

I can not see the video... I've a really low bandwith phone here....